xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Advice

Hey, I would love to read peoples relationahip stituation, triumphs and woes. I can also try to give advice on relationships, if possible. This topic seems interesting. Being that I am married, and out of the dating scene for a LONG time, I don't know how valuable my input will be. But it is still fun to read about it and discuss.Sunkist

Hm...I've already posted tidbits of information here and there, and it may seem a little childish, as I'm still just a senior in high school, but meh...I'll do it anyway. Basically, here's my current situation:Moved here to SoCal from Houston last summer. I'm a shy guy, so after a my junior year here, I still don't have very many friends. I have people I "call" my friends, who I talk to during school and such, but nobody to hang out with really. Not too long before school ended, this girl at school found my MySpace, and we started talking a lot more on the 'net, but like I said, I'm shy (well, not really shy in the "scared" sense, just that I don't talk much) so we still don't talk a whole lot at school. So, we've gone on a couple movie dates so far, but it's kinda awkward, because I'm so quiet. And anyway, the relationship's evolved, and I've pretty much told her "Hey, I love you." (not in the "I wanna marry you sense", but more like "I think you're completely amazing."), and I've joked about us dating once or twice, but she doesn't seem to be responding. I also recently found out that she was seeing some other guy, but that ended quickly...So basically, right now I'm stuck. I've told her how I feel, but she like....doesn't respond. (Not, literally, but she doesn't say yay or nay, or whatever.)I also have the problem of me not having a job or a car, so taking her out and such is kinda difficult at times.So here I am, stuck, with an amazing girl staring me in the face, but it's going absolutely NOWHERE. We also only have one year of HS left, but we both plan on going to the same community college for a couple years...Bah. I dunno. I'm caught in a sticky situation, I have no clue what to do about it, and the clock's running out. That's my story. O.o

Yes, the clock may be running out, but evidently you still have a few more years left to get her in community college. But here is my take...I graduated from highschool back in 2003. Wow time flies, but here I am soon to be a junior in college. From my experiences the last few years of my life, I can tell you this - stay with her and don't give up. As you both get older and begin college, you'll soon find out how much you'll mature. True friends become more important, and if you can remain in close contact with her I'm sure things will flourish. Crushes and love mature just as individuals do. I'm trying my best to explain it, but in your next few years you will really go through a transformation. Everything will take on a whole new meaning. And don't rush things either. Many high school relationships tend not to last forever, rather, if you two hook up in the later years, during college, your relationship could be long lasting (in my view, that's what you want).

I don't want to make you feel like I don't know...bad? But my friend is like in the same situation. this guy that's in my class has been like talking her a lot lately online and texting and he's told her he fancies and she told him she fancies him, but they are both too shy to actually talk properly at school..and he wont go out with her because they wont talk and she wont ask him out because she's wayy too shy, And well this has been going on for a month or more now and he's gone a little stale over her.. she still likes her but he's starting to like other people now, and well it might be too late...

Okay, there is some good advice giving in here so I think I could benefit from this.(background stuff)The school year before last (eigth grade) I left my current school and moved to Ft. Knox but in the second quarter of last school year (ninth grade) I moved back. Well, of course the are new faces. So I sat next to this guy named Kris the entire time I was in school in a Spanish class. We really never said a word to each other of true importance but towards the end of the year we started talking. I treated him like I treat my other male friends; I yell at them, hug them, hang on them, whatever. But when the school went to Cedar Point for the end of the year trip, he started hitting on me. Now I'm a very shy person under pressure and he asked me out in front of our friends; I like broke out into a sweat, I told him I didn't no.(end background)After awhile he got my number from a mutal friend and we talked and went out a few times, and he asked me again, I told him yes. But of course that's not my problem. A few weeks into being 'offical', he got upset when he found my website and saw that it still said that I was single. I mean between talking to and spending time with him, job hunting and keeping up my credits here, I never got around to changing it. Then he goes into this whole rant about me being embarrassed of him and kept bring up the events at Cedar Point when I 'turned him down'. So we're on a 'break'.So am I like should I try and work this out over something so small? or just kill the relationship now before something else small happens again?

Work it out. That's a VERY VERY VERY small problem. If he can't work that out, he's not worth the relationship, IMO. Nothing that trivial should cause that much hassle.

If only all problems were that small! Trust me, don't be so worried about your current problem, and take your time. This issue right now is the first of thousands that'll occur throughout your lifetime of relationships...