xisto Community
Tseng

Html Editor non WYSIWYG

What editor can I download and use that isn't a WYSIWYG(what-you-see-is-what-you-get) and is free. Currently I use NotePad but I want something better.

There is many free editors, but most of them are bored/hard/uneasy to use :D i personally use Dreamweaver MX but they are not free :unsure: If you wanna use them in firm/commerce you need to buy it.

Notice from snlildude87:
Do you think giving out the website that posts serials is legal here at Xisto? I don't think so.
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

i used first page before easy to navigate around plus you can add some dhtml scripts and javascripts to your site design, first page is free i somehow got it for 10 bucks but this had other stuff on it as well but it still useful to use. but beware some of those free html editors can be loaded with spyware trojans and what not.

Usually I prefer to use Notepad to do any HTML or CGI scripting that is relatively small scale. I find that using Notepad significantly strengthens both your logistic ability with the language as well as your troubleshooting and improvisational abilities.

If you are looking for a good, clean text editor that isn't What You See Is What You Get that has a lot of nice text-editing features (such as Regular Expression Find and Replace functions) and auto-cursor positioning for when you edit a lot of similar lines, you might want to try out TextPad. It is free and very functional and efficient.

http://www.textpad.com/

As an added bonus, you can even type Java into the editor and compile and run it, but the Java options and capabilities in no way interfere with your HTML features or projects.

im a bit modest but..before i got so great at html and php/mysql i used macromedia dreamweaver but as someone said its not free, its well worth the money though great program it kinda finished my html training now im comfortable coding in html in a plain old ordinary notepad.

for begin edit html use note pad and forntpagethen try to learn Macromedia Dreamweaver MX because Dreamweaver is perfect and Professional software and with that u can manage and write many scripts in php , java , asp , .... Lan

what i dont get is why don you use a WYSIWYG program. I currently use Dreamweaver. That is the best, becuase it gives you the option to write in code also. so you can build your HTML experience while at the same time keeping your website looking like a professionals.

The best html editor i have found is notepad. but if your looking for something diff you can try Html Kit. It's a great program and it is free. to find the download link just google Html Kit.

To be honest, I just use notepad and I'm completely happy with that. Making my website has really strengthened my coding strength and if I used an editor, then my learning curve wouldn't have been so steep.