xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

How To Handle Problems How to learn from problems and failures?

All of us said, Problems are realistics of life. Somebody once said, "I tried to drown my problems in alcohol, but theyare good swimmers. They keep on surfacing."

How should you handle problems? There 5 ways whereby GOD wants you to use your problems.

1. God uses problems to direct you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.(Proverbs 3:5-6)

2. God uses problems to TEST you. People are like tea bags. If you want to know what's inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has God tested your faith with a problem? "What do problems reveal about you? When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience.(James 1:2-3)

3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something by losing it. "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statues.(Psalm 119:72)

4. God uses problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious. Last year, a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem - but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered.

"You intended to harm me, but God intended if for good" (Genesis 50:20)

5. God uses problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character that your comfort. Your relationship to God and your character are the only two things you're going to take with you into eternity. "We can rejoice when we run into problems... they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more" (Romans 5:3-4)

The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you - depending on how you respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how God wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring. It's so much easier when you surrender to His plan for your life rather than following your own will.

If you guys have any additional informations about how to handle and learn from problems share it to us so that we can apply it too...:unsure: hope this will gives you idea:)

Notice from serverph:
since this post is in a "no post count" forum, i leave the quoted bible text as is. but please be advised that it should be placed in quote tags if it appears in forums which count to your hosting credits (read also notice given to jzyehoshua below). :D also if it is a material lifted off other pages, it is advisable to include the source URL. i have read this piece in numerous blogs and websites before, and source should be credited accordingly. (Google Keywords Search Results)
Edited by serverph (see edit history)

HI,
I think your post was great. Alot of it was in my own opinion pretty true. I think the best way to handle a problem is to just simply grab it with both hands and beat it to death. What I mean is don't let it get away. If you let a lone enemy soldier escape then he will not be harmless on his own, but he will regroup and attack again with a whole army. The only way you can get rid of your problems is to face your problems. Thanks, Sean Webber (Alive).

Great post, MOS. Btw, the administration here wants us to start putting even Bible verses in quotes (kind of weird, I know), just so you know for future notice. There are some things I would add for the born again Christian (that's assuming you are no longer an enemy of God and are reconciled to Him through Christ's finished payment on the cross):

-For Others: Sometimes trials happen to further the Gospel and prove an encouragement and blessing for others. As you can see below, Paul rejoices that trials have come upon him since they mean the Gospel goes forward and more souls are won. Trials aren't always for our benefit only.

Philippians 1:12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;

13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;

14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

-Privilege: Suffering for Christ as He suffered for us to show our love for Him is a privilege we will have only in this life and not the next. And also, it can bring Him glory.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

-Reward: The sufferings in this finite life can mean eternal rewards in the infinite life. Note also that temptations (not problems in general) do not come from God since God can't be tempted with evil and doesn't tempt anyone, but people are tempted through their own lusts. Sin or the rebellion/disobedience towards God's laws is not something God wants anyone to do, and He doesn't want anyone to perish or not find eternal life.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

-Chastening: This goes along with perfecting, and is done to make us "partakers of His holiness" and for our "profit."

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

-Comfort: While it may not be a reason for trials coming upon us, God does comfort us in them and so we know how to comfort others as well. In other words, enduring trials helps us better to able to help others through their trials as well.

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

-Disobedience: Trials and sufferings came into the world through the willful disobedience and rejection of God's plan by mankind. Dwelling in sins will have consequences, if you touch a stove you will get burned. Also, with the Christian, God will not suffer their temptations to be more then they can bear, and will basically monitor things so that they never get more then they can handle. Again however, until we repent of our sins, ask God for forgiveness, and trust solely in His payment to be enough rather then any other anyone else can make, we are His enemies, and under His wrath. (Romans 5:10)

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Notice from serverph:
fixed quote tags missed. removed blank lines. please use the preview button to review post before posting. directive to include bible verses in code is made because we don't want to give other members the impression that we are giving you, jzyehoshua, undue advantage over the hosting credits system because you are lifting bible quotes without putting them in quote tags. this i have explained to you in private message (copy-furnished to admins nilsc and opaque), but i'm making it public for making it appear that it is something we shouldn't be implementing. as per forum rules, quoted text MUST be placed in quote tags. just to remind everyone.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

What a nice post too. Thanks for the compliment I really like to share my ideas especially when it comes to such topics like this. I want to learn and become a strong person, not phisically but spiritually and emotionally, I tried to understand everything about such question "WHY", before I used to blamed myself, my relatives, friends and sometimes GOD, why he gave too much problems and troubles, but when somebody send me an article about handling problems and how to learn from it, It changed and teached me a lot of tips. If you guys have any ideas which you think can give or help others why not posting it, maybe your post can be a way to others to become a good member of the religion..:unsure: thanks

Hey, First of all just let me say how utterly brillaint I think your posts have been up to now...To sort out my problems I just take them as they come. To be perfectly honest I dont usually get into problems, ok, granted we all have problems, but I usually don't have serious ones. The way I see it is:If you have a car and hear a funny noise and take it to the garage it'll cost you perhaps ?100,Now - imagine you leave this car for ages and the problem grows so great that the car wont start.. It's gonna end up costing you like ?1000. So you can see how I address problems, I am 14. I do martial arts and I am physically well built, most probably the most in my year, but I NEVER have and NEVER will use that against someone. If I have a problem, I will not run from it, but I will just find the route of the problem, and sort it out with calm, sensible talk.At the end of the day anything and everything can be sorted out, no matter how big or bad it may be. That's why I believe people at school turn to me in times of need to help and for a deep talk, because (trying not to boast...lol) I believe that for someone of my age I have a unique mind...For instance - I was at school one day and someone was having a really tought time, it happened to be a girl that I happen to really like. She was had alot of problems, so sat down with her out of the way and started to talking to her sensibly and maturley about her problems and possible solutions. I have done it several times for many people, and this how I sort out my problems, by talking about them carmly to people.I believe that this is what the Lord would want of us, that's why I believe that after we help someone like this we have a great feeling of satisfaction, because I believe that it is a praise from God.Anyway, thankyou for your time, Achieve.