xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theconman

I Got A Zen Micro Yesterday... But now I need help...

After months of looking for a mp3 player, I finally got a Zen Micro yesterday. *BLEEP* is sick. I can't think of anything wrong with it... except one thing: power.
I woke up this morning, and I thought it was broken. I realized that it could just be out of batteries, so I hooked it up to my computer, and yep. That was it. Out of batteries. Now... thats not too much of a problem, I used it a lot yesterday, and it might've been left on over night by accident. For whatever reason, the battery, obviously, loses power eventually. But then I thought, "what about when I'm not around a computer?"
Yes. It only came with a USB-to-Player cord. No Player-to-AC outlet cord. :unsure: I was thinking about just getting another battery, but you cant use the player when charging it, so i'd need some intricate sceduale to work that out... too much. So I need an AC Power Adapter.
The Creative website's Power Adapter is 'Out of Stock'. Amazon.com is also 'Out of Stock'. Pricegrabber.com doesn't have it listed. eBay... Doesn't have the 'official' charger, but it has lots of 'AC Travel Chargers' or etc... One is being sold for 2.49. (Creative's is 29.99 by the way) It looks fine, and it's the best deal... but... it's eBay.
My dad doesn't really trust eBay too much, and I don't really want to get screwed either... So is there a way to guarentee that I get the Charger, and that it works right?
(Here's the link)

[if your short on time, basically: I need a charger, eBay is the only place that has it, but I'm not so trusting of it. How do I make sure I dont get screwed?]

The item is running until the 11th, which means you have plenty of time to make up your mind. Email a few of the people listed on the Purchases page of that item, and ask them when they ordered it, and whether it has been delivered. Also ask if there are any problems, etc.

As a golden rule for ANYTHING on eBay, ALWAYS check the feedback, and always find and read the negatives. Are they sorted out? Where they for similar items to the one you are bidding on?

Do as you would at any second hand sale or auction, find out as much as you can about the item and the seller. Unless you are totally confident, don't bid.

I don't buy anything off eBay but your didn't come with a AC charger? I have a black Zen Mirco and it came with a disk, book, clip, stand, case, bag, USB cord, and an AC charger? Did you buy a open box? Also mine works fine while it's charging. For future reference there is a Idle Shutdown (If I have mine on pause, I have it set to turn off after five mintues) and a Sleep Timer (After thirty minutes of me playing it and not touching it, it will turn off) on it. That may help you a little until you figure out your scedule.

i hope you like your Zen Micro i got a 20GB Zen about a week ago and its really good and i've got over 400 songs on it already, i thought you should have got a power cable with your Zen , why not check with the retailers and see if they could give you one

I've wanted one of these for a while now, but anyway for your question...I've been cheated out of an auction once. It was really easy to fix, the guy said that it must've been "lost in the mail" and he sent me out another one after I sent him about 20 emails. There have been other situations where it involved court, but that is very rare.So what can you so to ensure that this doesn't happen to you?1. Verify that EVERYBODY on his/her feedback has said that they got there item in perfect condition in little time. If there is one person that didn't, he/she may be on a trend of random fraud and cannot be trusted.2. Email them, like said above, to verify where they got the item, where it is now, and if it is in good condition. Ask as many questions as possible. If you get a return that sounds like some of the information may have been made up, do not trust them.3. Check the auction and make sure that they know what they are talking about, and that the picture looks like they took it for themselves and not taken from the product page.That's about all I can tell you, remember that fraud is rare and you shouldnt have to worry all that much. Plus you can get it insured for up ot 10000 US dollars I believe.

My dad got it from Best Buy. Its a small box, and the back says: "Package Includes: Zen Micro, High fidelity earphones...., Rechargeable Batter, USB 2.0 Cable, Pouch, Installation CD, Quick Start Guide" Nothing about an AC adapter... I'm gonna tell my dad about it today, and see what he says.I'll look into the seller. He has 99.5% positive feedback, but I'll check out what the negative people said.

if I were you, return that Zen, my friend had one for 2 months, treated it perfectly and it broke. try an ipod/ipod mini, Ive had one for almost a year and it works great

After months of looking for a mp3 player, I finally got a Zen Micro yesterday. *BLEEP* is sick. I can't think of anything wrong with it... except one thing: power.

I woke up this morning, and I thought it was broken. I realized that it could just be out of batteries, so I hooked it up to my computer, and yep. That was it. Out of batteries. Now... thats not too much of a problem, I used it a lot yesterday, and it might've been left on over night by accident. For whatever reason, the battery, obviously, loses power eventually. But then I thought, "what about when I'm not around a computer?"

Yes. It only came with a USB-to-Player cord. No Player-to-AC outlet cord. :unsure: I was thinking about just getting another battery, but you cant use the player when charging it, so i'd need some intricate sceduale to work that out... too much. So I need an AC Power Adapter.

The Creative website's Power Adapter is 'Out of Stock'. Amazon.com is also 'Out of Stock'. Pricegrabber.com doesn't have it listed. eBay... Doesn't have the 'official' charger, but it has lots of 'AC Travel Chargers' or etc... One is being sold for 2.49. (Creative's is 29.99 by the way) It looks fine, and it's the best deal... but... it's eBay.

My dad doesn't really trust eBay too much, and I don't really want to get screwed either... So is there a way to guarentee that I get the Charger, and that it works right?

(Here's the link)

[if your short on time, basically: I need a charger, eBay is the only place that has it, but I'm not so trusting of it. How do I make sure I dont get screwed?]

157896[/snapback]

Afew things you can deduce...

1) Report to the administrators of eBay

2) Get back to the seller and tell him

3) Try going to the manufacturer and get an exchange (if possible)

4) It wasn't your day.. forget it...