xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Help With New Computer Purchase

i wasnt sure whether this was a reasonable post or even where to post it on the site, but seeing as this was the very first place i posted i thought i may as well just try.the thing is college is started and i need a new computer to do my programming and Graphic Design work on.i need it to be very fast and have a lot of memory but be at an affordable price (being a student i am on a budget). i was wondering if anyone could suggest a really good affordable notebook and stuff anyway,My current computer is Desktop PC {P4 2.0GHZ,256 RAM etc}so i need some more than i already have in config.What i need is :-1) Notebook PC 2) RAM more than 256 DDR3) Hard disk 40 GB4) CDRW+DVDI can spend upto 1000$.I m also looking for PDA if Notebook not fits in my budget then i can opt for the PDA atleast for notetaking or todo lists.For PDA i need:-1) Memory 64MB or more2) Camera if there is like (Palmone)3) Colour dispaly ofcourse4) USB support5) Phone if it feets in budget5) Mp3 Supportlike(Palmone)Spend upto 400$ for PDA.You can link me to some good stuff if you think fits for me.I know buying is an art,but What do you think how can i search in market? what precautions do i need to take before purchasing? what you can suggest?Now,i really wonder if there is something for me out there.i mean i can look for a computer but i wont have a clue whether what im getting is good or not??I usualy get wrong withmost of my decisions(including Girlfriend). i would be extremely greatful if anyone could help.

Check out Dell's refurbished computers. I got mine (Pentium 4, Dimension 4700, 1 GB DDR RAM, 250 GB harddisk, 128 MB ATI Radeon video card, the whole shamboozle) for about $700. It was a bit more than I was intending to spend, but it worked out fabulously :unsure:

A series to recommend if you will be using your "LAP"top, on a Desk: Dell Inspiron 5100.

For college, if you are going to do work exclusively pertaining to schoolwork, go Apple. Their website can be found at http://www.apple.com/.

If you are the average college student, meaning games on downtime, partying all night, I would recommend Dell's systems.

If you have a perfect timing, and don't need the laptop anytime soon, Dell is the way to go.

Weekly, Dell has different promotions that may bring their prices down an-sixth fold. The current series that is very catchy is the Dell Inspiron 700m. It is a travel-size laptop.. that catorgorises in the Thin-and-Light... and wieghs less than 5lbs.

It has a full-functional (17in?) widescreen, and excellent color.

The price as it stands right now is 1019 U$D.

It is 19 U$D above your budget! I guess you can spare a week's allowance :unsure:...