xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Women Sues Nasa Over Comet Event funny as hell

i think this is the funnies news in the world when i first read the headline i thought hmm didn't get paid but when i read it

MOSCOW -    NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.
ADVERTISEMENT

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling 8.7 billion rubles ($300 million) the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not immediately be reached for comment.

Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.

really and i mean it good luck in getting that money HAHAHAHAHA

Stupid woman. She needs to crawl back under the rock she came out from under. Seriously, hippy days have gone. People should be moving forward, making progress. Not stopping themselves due to personal restraints.One question to the American's, why in life, do so many sad and dilluded pople have to sue? I mean, there has even been cases against farting in public. What next, suing the Sun because it is bright, or ice cream because it is cold. Seriously.

All I got to say is STUPID WOMAN - she's not even a quarter of the astrologer she claims to be - coz in 99.99% of any given horoscope methodology in the world depend only on the effects of movements of stars. Comets come nowhere into the picture... Comets are one of the most irregular elements - if our future was "governed" by them.. well.. aah.. I leave the rest to your imagination.It's just another publicity gimmick - probably she feels wretched and neglected and wants to gain popularity. Nothing more than that.

On my part too all I got to say is STUPID WOMAN AND A MEGA-IDIOT ONE AT THAT - she's not even a 1/100th of the astrologer she claims to be - coz in 99.99% of any given horoscope methodology in the world depend only on the effects of movements of stars. Comets come nowhere into the picture... Comets are one of the most irregular elements - if our future was "governed" by them.. well.. aah.. I leave the rest to your imagination. Any educated astrogoler would just laugh his a$$ off at this.It's just another publicity gimmick - probably she feels wretched and neglected and wants to gain popularity. Nothing more than that.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Bai is seeking damages totaling 8.7 billion rubles ($300 million) ? the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost ? for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

Rofl... LOL......... Wait,... lmao... Ok, i'm done laughing. That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. "Moral sufferings", rofl. Who does she think she is, god? It's not like she has purchased that comet. Let alone, created it.

That is a stupid thing to sue for, but its not a bad thing if they make money out of it.I think $300M is a bit much for "moral damage" as she is not the only person it effects.And the horoscopes thing, in my opinion is all rubish!But, if they get millions of dollars out of it, its not such a bad idea!