xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bureX

The Nasa Deep Impact Project Is Succesfull!

NASA probe crashed on Comet Tempel 1 just after midnight (EDT) on the 4th of July!

NASA scientists are very happy to see their probe crash into the exact spot on the comet where they aimed at.

The probe is the size of a washing machine and collided with Comet Tempel 1 at a speed of 37.000km/h, making a huge crater, big as a football field!

More about the news:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is really amazing; also including the fact that they sent a flyby probe recording all the action. Can't really wait for it to air on TV now. I've always been interested in space and the study related to it. However the TV mostly displays controversial content against NASA. Hope this doesn't end up like that.

:unsure:

Thanks for the news, bureX.

No problem... You can get more info at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ You can also watch NASA TV if you have a faster internet connection:

www.nasa.gov/55644main_NASATV_Windows.asx And that's not all! It appears that a woman sued NASA because their probe (the one that hit the comet) has interfered with the comet's original route through space and, therefore, now she "WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WHILE MAKING NEW HOROSCOPES FOR PEOPLE"! :unsure: Unfortunately, I can't drop everyone a link about this news article (because I heard it on my local TV station, if anyone finds some info about this, please post the link to the news article here). Some people can be really sick...

http://www.dawn.com/news/145137/blast-hole-in-cometrussian-is-suing-nasa

Wow. That lady is absolutely crazy. NASA pretty much just laughed at her. Saying that the whole ordeal is just like 'a misquito hitting a Boeing 747'.

But thats pretty cool how that collision might be able to tell the story of the universe's history. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out...

Somewhere deep inside me a voice told me the whole mission had to be stopped, she said in an interview. I fear that it could have an impact on all humanity.

And then, special agents Mulder and Scully smashed the front door and entered into her house in order to find the TRUTH! But, alas, the little green aliens have already abducted her into their ship to stop the world from finding out anything about the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence! :unsure:

Yeah right...

Thanks for the link theconman!

But this...

Her lawsuit seeks to block the launch of the probe and to recover $311 million in moral damages.

...This made me laugh my guts out! 311 000 000 dollars? "Moral" damages??? Haah!
She will be lucky if she gets a NASA bumper sticker! :D