xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yipster

Media Center Pc Here is a review of the Media Center PC

Media Center PC

Windows XP Media Center Edition was launched late in 2002. It was only available through dealers that were authorized by Microsoft. For the PC had to be specially configured to get the maximum usage and best experience. This fall, the Media Center promised to reshape the way we intake photos, music, and video?s.

The Media Center PC?s are available from all major manufacturers, which includes Dell, HP, and Sony. Eventually, Microsoft hopes to incorporate the smaller local dealers in you area. The popularity of the Media Center PC is rapidly rising, even though the price is a little steep for the average person. (starting at $1500)

Media Center is basically just a remodeled revamped Windows XP. The interface is not of the traditional desktop instead it?s is more of a DVD menu style. It is easily viewable on a 36? screen. For those who are technically clueless, the navigation is a breeze with the remote.

Another interesting feature with the Media Center is the TV tuner card. With this TV tuner card and the DVD menu interface, the Media Center can easily be a part of your home entertainment system. The TV tuner card allows you to pull video off a camcorder, cable, or satellite. However, this feature is great and bad at the same time. You can record and shows that you?ll miss. For a regular 1 hour show recorded with good quality it would take 1GB. Moreover, someone like my hypothetical friend Ynnad Piy would pirate, pirate, pirate, pirate, and then some more pirate. He would download the episode, burn them to DVD and sell them or host them on the net. Why wait and pay for Season 1-7 ?Friends? DVD when you can hook up with a guy like Ynnad Piy. What makes this even more interesting, is that the Media Center has a wizard that allow you in 1 or 2 steps to burn anything to a DVD. My point is that you could say the Media Center PC is promoting illegal activities.

In summary, any techno savvy geek or home entertainment lord should purchase this. However, if you?re just an average person just stick with a regular desktop, because setup can be quite a pain. If you?re still persistent, not intimidated by the setup, you want to look hip and cool in front of your friends, and you have $2000 to spare. Why not give it a shot? It is ?only? $2000. From personal experience with my brother?s Media Center, I was able to record a whole bunch of shows I missed. I was able to record a whole season of ?The West Wing? and ?ER?. However, at the time he had an older version of Media Center, which did not contain a burning to DVD wizard. In the end, I was able to produce my own DVD set of ?The West Wing? and ?ER?. Like I said earlier, ? any techno savvy geek or home entertainment lord should purchase?, so in the future I am hoping to purchase one.

If there are any typos or grammar errors please let me know.

One of the imporvements I've seen in the Windows XP Media Center edition OS is the ability to install an illegal card to get over 900 T.V. chennels on your computer. :unsure:

The Media Centre Operating System from Microsoft is a revolutionary piece of software that is the best to come out from Microsoft yet.It offers a sleek interface, and has many advantages over the traditional ways of entertainment.Imagine having your Music, Videos, and TV in one place. Your desktop can be in the Home Office, and You can be in the living room, accessing the video files on your computer to play on the widescreen.It is just the simple glory that makes this new operating system the hype of the now.