xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yipster

Work That "voodoo" Crazy comp I got to use for 2 weeks.

Here is my review of the Voodoo F510. At the computer store I used to work at they let me take it home for about 2 weeks. I had to write a review on it so here it is.

Work That Voodoo

Voodoo PC has come out with a new Voodoo F-Class, F510. This Calgary based company specializes in high-end custom PC?s. Basically, it?s for anyone that wants to get everything out of there PC without over clocking. Though this PC is often for a hardcore gamer who has an extra $6000 lying around.

The F510 utilizes Intel?s Canterwood technology. Intel?s Canterwood technology boosts the system bus up to 800MHz and allows the new Pentium 4 3GHZ processor to be used with DDR 400 memory. In addition, it uses the new 875-chipset from Intel which adds two built in Serial ATA controllers.

All of this is just the power capabilities of the F510. It also comes with a top notch graphics card, ATI Radeon 9800, and an excellent sound card, Creative Audigy 2. On the optical side is has a DVD-ROM and a CD-RW drive. Moreover, it features a front accessible multi-card reader.

There are two version of the F510 system. The first version made use of Intel?s Serial ATA controller, by using two 120 GB Seagate SATA drives to set up in a RAID configuration. The second version features only one 200 GB ATA/100 hard drive from Western Digital. Both of these configurations from the article writer?s point of view performed excellently.

As with past Voodoo systems, the looks and sleekness are fantastic. The F510 comes with a custom paint job, where the purchaser can select his own colors. There is also a new Voodoo Tattoo option which allows user to upload a graphic, which Voodoo will paint on the system case. The side of the case is clear, with fluorescent lights it illuminates all the parts inside which allows you to clearly see inside. When I said sleekness I meant the inside cabling job, the wires are tucked away from site. This not only allows a nicer look but keeps the system cooler because air travels more efficiently without the cables in the way. As a result, the F510 only needs two case mounted cooling fans.

This is quite a ?l33t? system for those hardcore gamers. However, it does come at a hefty price of $6295. If you don?t have that kind of ?ka ching? no need to fear there is a cheaper system, Fury. The price is still quite hefty but it?s price is significantly lower from the F510. The Fury price range is around $3495 to $3795. Moreover, if you still can?t afford the Fury you should ask yourself do I really need a ?super? computer?

To reiterate, if you want power and speed and you got the ?ka ching? for it, you should buy a Voodoo F-Class F510. Like all computer techies I want this system and I want it bad, however, I don?t have the ?ka ching? for it. Hopefully, my dream of becoming a multi-billionaire or even a multi-millionaire will come true so that I will be able to purchase one of these excellent systems.

Please let me know if you see any typos or grammar errors. Thx in advance.