xisto Community
Amezis

Too Many Programs Open - A Nightmare?

Well, I have a friend that is ALWAYS complaining about how many programs I have opened at the same time. Like 15 items in the start menu, and 20 tabs in Firefox... lolz, that's my way of using a computer.

So here, I have a screenshot, and I ask you: Is this nighmare?

Posted Image

Lol, well maybe a nightmare could be a bad expression. But do you hate to have that many programs open?

Personally I just think I should close something, but I don't do it... I can live with it - well, in some hours.

I dont mind having lots of programs open as long as they dont "group up". Then i have to guess what window it is from the menu, the one i want to see/use. I dont like things that are time consuming. Plus my computer is pretty crappy, so it wont be able to handle many programs opened at the same time.

that's extreme multi-tasking you have there. :unsure: hope it's not making your PC screech to a crawl. as for me, i keep the number of applications running at the minimum as much as i can. :D not a nightmare for me though even if have more than 10 applications running, and up to 15 firefox tabs open. :D i'm comfortable either way. :D

Wow! You sure have a lot open! I wouldn't consider that a nightmare. Anyway, the computers that I am usually on couldn't handle having that many open at once. I do, however, usually keep about 10 programs open at once (slows down my computer and others that I use A LOT). Also, I normally have about 2-5 Firefox tabs open.

I have no idea how you could be using all of those programs at once..Limewire, MsPaint, Firefox, IE, Winzip, and Word? I think you should start working on one thing at a time :unsure: I'd call that a nightmare if it were on my computer, I'd save and close whatever I wasn't actually working on, even though my computer could support it :D

Well, it's frontpage... not word. I was making a website, with Photoshop and Paint, when surfing on Xisto. And when I am on forums, I always open in new and new and new tabs, so I need two windows to handle everything :unsure: Then I thought I could download some music since I always listened on the same one... So I opened LimeWire and Ares (the A) to download, and started to browse a good download site, but it only work in Internet Explorer. And of course, they have to have .zip or .rar downloads, so I had to open WinZip too. The sword is a game called runescape... A friend on MSN said that I had to log on to meet him ingame... And yeah that's why I had so many windows open. now I only have 6 + ares and limewire which are also running in the background. :D

Having loads of programs open isn't that big a deal. My friends always complain about that to me aswell. I agree, I can't live without having loads of programs open :unsure: My computer is pretty good, it doesn't really slow down hugely at all.

I really dont like having many programs open, just because its just bothersome for me, i like to have max 5 things on my start menu bar, and about 5-7 tabs on Firefox, although i use a lot more programs than 5 each time, but like AIM, MSN, LimeWire, or Winamp amont others can be configured so they dont appear on the Start menu bar.

I use alot of programs at once, generally when working i have Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Imageready, Premiere Pro, Word, Firefox, Winamp, Total Commander, and Yahoo! Msgr open at once. I use them all, though i do find it irritating to have so many tabs open on the bottom. I love the tab in window approach in firefox, i just wish that M$ Word had it as well, as i generally need to have 5 or 6 documents open, if there was an option to have the tabs across the top of the page, life would be a LOT easier. But more than 10 programs, i think is overdoing it.

I try and keep things tidy on my PC, including on the task bar. I used to have about 15 programs open whenever I was on the PC, resulting in me making my task bar 3 levels high (which also allows me to have full view of the time, date and day)!Now, I try and limit myself to about 5 or 6 programs and 5 FireFox tabs or I just forget what I was doing in each one!

Well, I have a friend that is ALWAYS complaining about how many programs I have opened at the same time. Like 15 items in the start menu, and 20 tabs in Firefox... lolz, that's my way of using a computer.

So here, I have a screenshot, and I ask you: Is this nighmare?

Posted Image

Lol, well maybe a nightmare could be a bad expression. But do you hate to have that many programs open?

Personally I just think I should close something, but I don't do it... I can live with it - well, in some hours.

157177[/snapback]

So lets see if I can get this all right. You've got....(from left to right) Microsoft money, 2 Fire FOx programs, paint....Photoshop, Runescape?!?!(why rs?!?!) Internet explorer(Why one of these when you have FF?) That green thing looks like LimeWire(pwnt?) An MSN chat box another IE site(again, why?). Holy shnickies ANOTHER FF site. Winzip(Unzipping something I see?) I can't tell what that icon is, looks like a mapping tool? Another IE site and ANOTHER paint. Man, you do have too much open. I may have been able to name that stuff but WHAT in the world are you doing with them? Jeese.. Oh, can't forget the Taskbar, Msn, 2 java platforms, Syntac Security? Sound and winzip. Man, you do have a lot open. Close those IE sites and group all your FF's. What do you do anyways? And why do you play runescape? LOL, I quit that a while ago.

K, buffalo asked me to make another post so I don't get warned.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your second post where you said what all programs you had open so I posted it. I wasn't spamming, just didn't read all the way through :unsure:

Hmm, I don't usually have that many things running at one time as my computer is pretty fast so it can load programs quickly. Maybe what you need to do is create some shortcuts so that way you don't need to keep all those programs running that are eating up your RAM. I usually have anywhere between 1-4 programs running. Interesting topic, by the way.

Haha interesting... I always have too many programs up, even if I don't use half of them. I hate it when XP does that group up icons thing though... It's not too bad as long as your computer can handle it~ I tried that at school and it just hanged. X.x;

I usually have like 10 program opened (opera, winamp, msn, irc, runescape client, firewall, antivirus, skype, spyware guard and fast defrag. But of course i some times i got like 20 programs opened it same time.