xisto Community
Amezis

Amd - Very Noicy?

Yes, as stated, the fans sued to cool the processor and case are noisey not the processor.I have an AMD athlon 64 4000+ and it can get really hot. 30-38 idle, 35-46 working and 44-58 gamming.Because of this i have many fans on my case, but the loudest is the Heatsink fan, which is quite noisey, altho i can turn them down when i'm working as i only really need them while gamming.I would advise water cooling if noise really bothers you.I am considering water cooling myself, but don't know what to do at all, so i doubvt i will ever get it done lol

AMD cores get much hotter than intels as AMD's are already overclocked when you get them, Meaning the fans need to go faster to cool the, meaning more noise.

165014[/snapback]

AMD processors are already overclocked if you buy it from some manufacturers, such as Alienware. Regular AMD processors aren't overclocked! All of the overclocking is done on the motherboard from the BIOS, therefore, the CMOS contains the information about how much the processor is overclocked, not the processor itself.

AMD Fans are maybe more noisy because most people buy AMD processors in the "box" edition (edition that comes with a cooler). I didn't buy a "box" edition processor, and it's allot quieter than my friend's Intel processor cooler!

Coolers are vital components of the PC, and buying really cheap ones for your PC is not a good choice! For a few dollars you can get a much more powerful and much quieter cooler!