xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Favourite Strategic Games

These are a couple of my Favourite Straegic Games. I suggest you get them if you can. RCT shouldn't be that hard to get but the others are almost a decade old.

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Become a tycoon of a theme park by building a theme park from scratch and meeting the objectives before the alotted time runs out!

Total Annihilation

A 7 year old game, but still as good as any war strategy game. You have one commander, and he has to build up an air force, army, ship fleet, hovercraft and seaplane force to destroy the enemies.

Norse by Norsewest

You have three characters in each level with their own advantages, you have to put their advantages together to get the items to get them across to the next level.

Add your own Favourite Strategic Games to this list.

Here are some more... :unsure:

Majesty - The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

The king simulator. You can't select the troops in this one, only to offer a rewards to interest them...

Hegemonia

Cool strategy game on the base of Homeworld, but IT IS NOT A CLONE!!! Never :D The gameplay is completely different from the Homeworld...

Cultures 2

Vikings simulator... Just like Settlers, who knows it... Build buildings, product food, clothes and so on... and keep your vikings happy :D

I like playing Roller Coaster Tycoon as I've always wondered how theme parks are run and I've always wanted to try running one myself. As I have nowhere enough money to build a real one I have fun playing RCT.I also like to play Age Of Mythology, although I'm not sure if that qualifies as a strategy game.

I am a hard core gamer, i play nearly every type of game. Strategy games are a must have as they offer fun and exictement and well strategy. My favorite strategy games are:

Starcraft: Broodwar

This futuristic battle field game were one picks from 3 races and tries to build up armies to destroy the oponents. Great multiplayer fun and immense single player experience.

Command and Conquer: Generals

The next game of the series it offers modern units and new plot. 3 races, China, USA and Global Liberation Army(a group of terrorist who use biobombs and sabatoge). This is my favorite RTS by far, its balanced very well and as probly the best RTS graphics i have ever seen.

I don't play to many strategy games. But my favourite ones are...

Starcraft Brood war

Basically a generic war simulator put into the distant future. Between 3 races, Terrans, who seem the most like humans, they use weapons like guns. Protoss, who are more alien-y, they use weapons like photon cannons. and Zerg who are like mutanats, they attack with acid, or their body (claws, and whatnot)

Age of Empires 2

Another basic war simulator, but this time the era is the dark ages - til the imperial ages. Build up your troops and assult the enemy castle and kill thier king to win the battle. This game has alot of units, and races you can choose from which each have specialtys.

PRAETORIAN!

I love this games because it really shows us the roman war strategy and formation of troops. The magic skills and other fantasy skills are not much here, maybe just healing, increasing stamina, blind, etc. Play it and you will found yorself back in Caesar's era!

My favorite games are those which I played when I was a bit younger in my early childhood. You can probably figure out that I am talking aboutAge of Empires 1 and 2 - these two games really revolutionized the whole real-time strategic gaming and in my opinion they had the best amout of playabilty eventhough the graphics were not THAT good!Later on I also player Warcraft 3 and I really liked the good-looking "civilizations" and the whole story but I think that with all the heroes and that stuff, things got too complicated than they should! It is the same with most of today's games - why complicate it so much??? I wish someone would make a simple yet very beautiful (graphically sufficent for modern standards) game...Maybe one day that will become a fashion again :)

I used to play a lot of Sid Meier's Civilization I and Sim City 2000. Lately i was playing some sport management games like championship manager and footbal manager. There was an old game called Populus II from 1991 that made me addicted to computers and strategic games since my childhood. I also have played Eliffot, a football manager game, capitalism II and warcraft. But the best of the best, in my opinion, is chess :) .