xisto Community
moldboy

What Do You Want From Google?

Technically you can use Google for web hosting. There is a thread here where a GMail web hosting system has been created.

I doubt Google will ever venture into web hosting, but who knows, random things happen to me every day, so I'll wait and see.

For a second there, looking at the topic name, i thought you worked for google.. :unsure:

If it were me I'd like to see hosting, and not just web hosting but Image, Audio, Download, everything!

Yes, web hosting with everything a deticated server would supply. And i wouldnt mind putting relavent google ads to keep the service going. Google ads are so modifiable to your theme. And this web hosting service would only be accessible with your gmail account. Like how Yahoo! has one account for practically all of its "extras".

yes, i don't know how are the Google's computrers, but i can imagina there some kind of super computers >_>U so i would like to be like a free web hosting service yourname.google.com just like Xisto but to not required to post! (yeah daniela dream on xDU)

I think what Google could provide me best right now is a history feature where you can did into the roots of your best, you know, find your relatives, where you originated from and soforth.

What google does for me now is just give me a fast loading useful homepage,lol.Web hosting from googles sounds like a good idea, they'll probably give loads of space like they do with gmail, which is wicked. Another cool thing they would of ventured. Doubt what I just said made sense..

I'd like to see that and probobly a messenger which I highly doubt they will make.

Just to make it feseable a messenger would have to be like trillion (hope I spelled it right) an be workable with all the others, I know I have gmail, and you probably do to, but people you know outside this form, or the computer world don't, so they would be just a leary of a google messenger.

For a second there, looking at the topic name, i thought you worked for google.. laugh.gif

To words for you, I WISH, I started this thread in hopes that someone from google might stumble on it :unsure:

I think I'd also like to see perhapse a CMS tool from google you could install on your own server that would function well with the google search spider, you know the whole make the internet searchable thing.

Is the possible for Google to go into webhosting? They might earn a lot, but they might be the most popular 'internet organisation' as well, so if everyone who visits Google would get webhosting with them, they might need more then 5 million gigabyte :\

Well your information on the left says your hosted, so How much space are you using on your Xisto account. Also how many people do you know who could actualy fill up a 1gb website with content, let alone make a website in the first place?

THere was another thread on here regarding the amount of spage on google:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/20885-how-much-space-does-google-have-on-their-servers/

Well your information on the left says your hosted, so How much space are you using on your Xisto account.  Also how many people do you know who could actualy fill up a 1gb website with content, let alone make a website in the first place?

THere was another thread on here regarding the amount of spage on google:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/20885-how-much-space-does-google-have-on-their-servers/

157453[/snapback]

With my Xisto account I use about 100 mb, but I'm very carefull not to upload too big files etc, but with 1000 mb, I wouldnt be so alert...

But with more then 1000 mb space, could you imagine al the illegal programs, music and movies that would be put on google? o0