xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kcuk

5700 Pci

I have been looking, and looking, and looking for a website in the UK that sells a nVidia Geforce FX5700 PCI graphics card anywhere. I have put some bids on eBay, but keep getting outbid at the last minute. Any suggestions where I can buy them from on the internet would be great! :rolleyes:

does it HAVE to be a 5700? You aren't gonna get far looking for a PCI card these days, (or do you mean PCI-Express?). I would suggest an ATI 9000 if they exist, I kinda remember they had PCI versions of those.

The ATI 9000 is even slower than the Radeon 8500, and that technology was state-of-the-art in 2001. The geForce 5700 is much faster than the Radeon 9000, so don't go for it. If I were you, I would suggest getting a geForce 6600. It's much more powerful, and the price is very reasonable. Shopping online is not safe. If I were you, I would go to a store and pay for it with money.

You should think about getting something from past years high-end. I would suggest a Radeon 9800Se or even PRO version will be A LOT better and much more faster :P I can tell you that 5700 would probably cost you not less than 130-150, and its performance will disppoint you. But I've already seen R9800PRO for about 170 which is not a lot more expensive, but trust me its worth it, you will not have to change it right away.

Ugh, guys, he is saying he wants a PCI card, newer cards don't actually have PCI versions. If he can find a 5700 then he should go for it, but the last PCI card I know of (that I've seen that is) is the ATI9000.