xisto Community
Saint_Michael

REALITY SHOWS SUCKS why well i will tell

Reality shows do really suck but I'm still a fan of survivor. Shoot me if you want but I do still enjoy that show <_<. Big Brother stinks and has so always! Don't know what anybody has even seen in that. My girlfriend always wants to watch that junk, just moved in together and its not helping matters...

I agree. I hate the upcoming show "The Biggest Loser". If I want to see out of control fatasses eat, I'll go to McDonalds, thank you very much.Survivor is alright, but I still hate it. I mean, what next... Survivor: New York?[ Survivor Theme ]... Oh F***.16 castaways in the big apple... are given 16 Card Boards Boxes... and one penny.WHO WILL LAST THE LONGEST?!*Shotgun noise*Uh-huh. It's not happening.

hUmMmMMmm What is a reality TV show ???I love Big Brother...I am a BIG BROTHER ADDICT....muhahahaha...That show rocks !! Has any one heard ??? Michelle and Stu are ENGAGED !!! Lets see how long this one will last.

I think most reality shows suck, but i like survivor a lot. Big brother is a big piece of *BLEEP*. some people doing nothing, living like kings and we just sit like idiots and watch them. They humiliate themselves, and these shows are insults to the human race. Anyway, vote kerry for a change! (<_<) i think reality shows should be stopped (or most of them)

when they first started like big brother and survivor it was all good until the whole damn world started advertising them, lets see servivor has about 10 different spin-offs big brother 5 is on and the ny our have fear factor which i believe should be cancle due to the fact its not disgusting enough to be on tv XP

Also thanks to reality shows some of the best stuff was taking off the air just to make room for these corny **bottom** show about people living up the life in a two room apartment with 90 people.

SO BAN ALL REALITY TV SHOWS 4 LIFE

Saint Michael is completely right. Too many reality shows get copied, with the result that more stupid shows that have no real meaning to them, or just plain suck, get put on TV to replace the one's people actually LIKE!!!

Also...

What in the bloody hell is wrong with a real plotline? What is wrong with something interesting and entertaining?

I hate reality shows so much because they lack a plot and they are not entertaining.

That totally explains reality shows. They have nothing entertaining at all, and if they do, they always get copied and become boring. That's why reality shows are always nothing better than a piece of crap. And I can't put it any politer than that.

STOP REALITY SHOWS!

P.S. Saint_Michael, are you forgetting your grammar? If you use a word that is usually written in plural (such as "sucks") directly after another pluralised word, the word must be written in singular form. So the title of this topic should be "REALITY SHOWS SUCK" and not "REALITY SHOWS SUCKS".

It's a cheap way of exploiting people in order to get high ratings. There's very little quality inthe programmes, and on the whole, they are a complete bore! I don't know why anyone would bother to watch them to be honest!

Right, see how much people will do just to be on tv. I think reality shows might be the least real thing on television. Let's see how people who are too rich or good looking for their own good do when we follow them around with a camera. Life really isn't like that. If it isn't scripted, it is edited to make people usually look worse than what they really are.I remember watching the first two seasons of the real world on mtv. Back then, things were a little closer to real life. The whole genre hadn't become known and so people were sort of acting how they really were. Just trying to get through three months or whatever with people they didn't know. Now I turn it past those shows and it seems that the kids on there are going out of their way to create drama, to become the one people remember from the show, you know? Within the first day they've all got it planned out to who they're going to hook up with and who they are going to hate.

I used to hate reality TV, but some of it I am glued to. Like VH1's Celebreality im addicted to lol. I watch the surreal life and celebrity fit club, i fricking love these shows. I kinda watched my fair brady but it was rather weird. I liked Till death do we part, or whatever the show with carmen and dave [that was MTV though right?] But i also love Road Rules, its fricking great and the real world road rules challenge is probably my favorite reality thing. Even America's next top model catches my attention. But Im not much into Big brother, Survivor, Joe Millionaire...or any other dating reality show. Except I liked boy meets boy (wonder why? lol). Id say my favorite reality show ever was the Joe Schmo omg, it was the greatest ever.I have not much against them, they are entertaining. And i know i can just shut the tv off, if i dont like it.

When shows like survivor and amazing race came up it was exciting because this was the first time I watched reality shows.. even till today I find survivor interesting not for the *BLEEP*ing and backstabbing etc, but mainly for the games that they play.. survivor has very interesting games..amazing race was interesting because it takes you round the world.. plus the detour challenges were very interesting also..but that's about it.. because then slowly one by one reality shows started to pop up like mushrooms.. after awhile it gets boring and stale.. some reality shows are even utterly lame.. like what they say too many cooks spoil the broth (or something like that.. haha)

I like reality shows and i hate the others. Some are totally pathetic while some are okay. Those shows that bring upon talent are neat and pretty good but those like big brother and celebrity in a jungle really take the image down.Some really shows in that sector are also good like the ones that come on MTV. They are nice and innovative but not weirdly innovative for sure. Shows which give people talent simple rocks! Even if no one watches them they are pretty good for the contenders and participants.Example and tv show just announced a prize to a group full of masons but extemly talented. They were really poor but they beat the *bottom* of many people , even a highly paid salsa troupe! There life has been improved big time and the show has showed great significance in their lives

Wo http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ post started a long time ago. it's like history :PAnyway this is actually a really interesting topic now that I think about it. I remember when the first real reality shows started coming out like survivor and stuff, and it was cool...cause it was something new and fresh, and now half of the stuff on TV is just taking random people and putting them in some unusual situation and filming it. I guess it's a good idea from the standpoint of production costs being ridiculously low, but I think it's kinda ridiculous how popular the genre has become, and how it's to the point that there aren't any new ideas anymore. I really liked survivor when it first came out, but I don't even watch anymore because it's the same old thing, and the people keep getting flatter and more predictable. Most normal shows run for a few years and then end, and I think it's about time shows like survivor do the same. Another show I really used to like is The Amazing Race, and I still like it (but don't watch anymore), and I think it was fantastic, but it too has gotten old. I think that's one major problem with reality shows...they just get old after a while, and you can't rewatch old episodes really. Also, there have been reality shows for lots of different demographics, from adventure shows to romance shows like the bachelor/bachelorette and tons of other dating shows. A recent one that I've seen a few episodes of, dating in the dark, is actually pretty interesting, except I can't believe how pathetic some of the people are...on one episode a lady liked a guy but left because she thought he looked too young, and a lot of the people are really shallow, which, I guess is okay to an extent, you want your partner to look good, but they're just too intense about it and won't even give things a shot.And then there's talent reality shows like American Idol and America's Got Talent (and all the international versions)...and I still find these shows pretty interesting even though they've been going on for a while, and I think that's maybe because they're more like a once yearly competition than a show made just for production value. (Though that's important too.) And even after these shows are over, you can still see the performers in real life and so it still carries on, it's not just something made for television or whatever.I dunno, all in all I'm not sure how I feel about reality shows. I guess I'm not much of a tv watcher in general, and I think they definitely have a place. It's not something that really bothers me, I guess people watch what they like and if people like reality television, then good for them, to each his own. :lol: