xisto Community
maniac king

Clicksor Ads anoying but worth it

I don't mind if a site has one or two respectable ads on there site in a well formatted and well placed way. But sites that go overboard with clumps of ads that are all flashy or inately stupid just annoy me and make me want to kill the person responsible for creating the ad and the one responsible for placing the ad there....yuppI mean I understand the desire to cash in on a website but really, keep it reasonable and nice and ppl will still be more likely to click, thus generating more revenue then a view (assumedly)

Did any one notice that We are running Clicksor ads too ?Well, the ads are basically targetted only for INTERNATIONAL traffic ( countries other than US/UK/Canada/Australia )As for as my opinion, they have a very low CTR and wont work good for a forum which has a broad category of topics.

I wouldn't suggest Clicksor ads, the more that you use the service, the lower your CTR gets. CTR stands for Click Through Rate.Why do you use Clicksor if you don't usggest it for a forum OpaQue?

I don't mind if a site has one or two respectable ads on there site in a well formatted and well placed way. But sites that go overboard with clumps of ads that are all flashy or inately stupid just annoy me and make me want to kill the person responsible for creating the ad and the one responsible for placing the ad there....yupp

I mean I understand the desire to cash in on a website but really, keep it reasonable and nice and ppl will still be more likely to click, thus generating more revenue then a view (assumedly)

156188[/snapback]

True dat. That's why I refuse to put pop ups and pop unders on my site even though that bring in the big bucks.

Did any one notice that We are running Clicksor ads too ?

Well, the ads are basically targetted only for INTERNATIONAL traffic ( countries other than US/UK/Canada/Australia )

As for as my opinion, they have a very low CTR and wont work good for a forum which has a broad category of topics.

156223[/snapback]

Nope, I haven't noticed clicksor ads. All I see are leaderboards in between posts and on top of the shoutbox.

i think clicksor ads are ok but i find it annoying that they are so hard to work with, is there anyway where you can just have a ad with text links similar to google adsense?

156567[/snapback]

Why not just use Google Adsense?

The problem is that without the pop unders nobody will click your ads. Also, with google ads almost everyone one who is an enemy of someone else is clicking their ads repeatedly in order to get them to lose they adsense account.

Once I was a subscriber to clicksor advertisement. I thouht it would be like that of google adsense, but man I was disappointed when most of my content became clickable with clicksor advertisement links. One of my pages was about students' information. When I wrote the word 'student' there was link to it, if you click that link you will land in the clicksor ad. That's like cheating our site visitors. I don't think they will ever visit again such kind of sites in the future. Since I'm no more a subscriber to clicksor, I don't have idea is changes have been made to this effect. Otherwise that ad type was quite annoying. Think about all your content being linked with someone else's site. I feel that like most of the ads policy, ads should be clearly mentioned as ads and according to its appeal people should visit it, not the other way! These days I have seen in some sites that display Clicksor ads like google adsense.... though...

The problem is that without the pop unders nobody will click your ads. Also, with google ads almost everyone one who is an enemy of someone else is clicking their ads repeatedly in order to get them to lose they adsense account.

158046[/snapback]

ok.. and now, what solution for that..... ;)

Clisksor's good although I do look forward to a better account interface. The ads are compact and resemble google ads. I use Adsense mostly but have placed some Clicksor ads at some places just to try them out. Its worth the try and a good alternative to Adsense. Plus they pay out when your account reaches $50. that's a great advantagers to people like me who don't earn that much.