xisto Community
sonorama

Drunk N' Playing That Was Horrible

I'm very very upset. Last weekend we were in Monterrey (my band EVANSS), and we had a couple of shows in two of the most important and prestiged bars overthere: Clandestino and Iguana. We arrived in there at 3:00 pm, so we started drinking lots of beer before the gig on friday. For me and three more of my band mates it is OK to get a bit dizzy after a large trip from cuernavaca to monterrey. We actually can perform a bit better, with more enegrgy. But Unfortunately, for Javier it was not good, he played HORRIBLE!!! I'm pretty upset cuz, there were a few people from some other mainstream bands. Well. on saturday it was not that bad,. but believe me, I guess next time I will avoid any kind of alcohol before performing in anywhere :lol:Anyone want to listen to us?http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; :rolleyes:

Hahaha! I'm not laughing at your performance; I'm laughing at the fact that you consumed alcohol before a big event. You should know better than that! I know I'm not 21, and I haven't drank huge amounts of alcohol, but I know better to do something foolish before an important event...especially if there are people there who might advance my career.Anyway, hope you have fun on your next concert/show without any influences. :rolleyes:

A couple brewsky's will get the mind nice and sharp, well at least that's my opinion, (and I happen to live by it), but any more and you're toying with disaster, especially with the stuff you're involved in.You like to drink before you perform on stage, but I like to drink before I golf...even though I never have...I guess it's on my life-time goals list... :rolleyes:

A couple of beers aren't ever a bad thing before a performance, it eases the tension, anxiety, and overall nervousness. It pretty much loosens you up and gets the fear out of you if you get what I'm saying. That's too bad for Javier, do he have a couple too many beers or was it just an overall bad day for him?Sorry about your bad playing, I'm going to check out the site in a minute.

well, the event was horrible that first night, but we did it better the night after. I guess that was one of our best performances ever. Anyway, I guess, we still do play for fun, we actually dont expect to get to mainstream, but well... if it ever happens, then Iam sure Iwont know what exactly do in that case :unsure:So, for now, we'd love to enjoy tjose bad and good moments for the band. I agree with you guys, a couple of beers are ok, I actually like to play a bit dizzy, i do it much better, the think is that not all of us can handle the situation on stage...Cheers! :D