xisto Community
green fairy

Creat A Cool Image In Photshop Just something I came up with...

In this tutorial I'll show you how to create a cool image in Photoshop. I don't know what it can be used for, but guessing it would look pretty good as a background :lol: Hope someone will like it... :rolleyes:

1) Open a new document in Photoshop. I will be using 500x500 pixels, but you can use whatever you want. I think it will look better with a big canvas.

2) Press D to make the foreground and background colour its default.

3) Go to Filter -> Render -> Difference Clouds

4) Then go to Filter -> Brush Strokes -> Crosshatch. Apply these settings:

Posted Image

5) Now, go to Filter -> Disort -> Twirl. Set the angle to -600.

6) Go to Filter -> Blur -> Radial Blur, and use these settings:

Posted Image

7) Then go to Filter -> Pixelate -> Fragment.

8) Go to Image -> Adjustments -> Auto Contrast.

9) Duplicate the layer (Layer -> Duplicate Layer...).

10) Selecting the upper layer, go to Filter -> Disort -> Twirl. Set the angle to 600.

11) Now, still selecting the upper layer, change the blending mode to Overlay in the Layers window.

Posted Image

12) Go to Layer -> Merge Down. My image now looks like this:

Posted Image

13) Now, press Ctrl + I to invert the image.

14) Press Ctrl + B to make the Colour Balance window pop up. You can use whatever settings you like. I used these settings for my image:

Shadow:

Posted Image

Midtones:

Posted Image

Highlights:

Posted Image

Here's my final result:

Posted Image

Click here for original size image.

You can change the image's appearence if you want, simply by going Filter -> Disort -> Pinch. Make it 100% to get this result:

Posted Image

Click here for original size image.

Hey, that looks pretty cool. Well done! I would look pretty neat as a backgound or something, as you suggested. I might make one and use it as the background of something...I just have to decide what.

not bad i would cut out the stuff that doesn't go with ti but still not bad at all.

not bad i would cut out the stuff that doesn't go with ti but still not bad at all.

157037[/snapback]

SM, is that a spam post because it's one-liner, and you did not put what needed to be cut off.

Anyway, it looks good. There are a bunch of vortex tutorials out there, and they're all quite easy to make.

I just got an idea...if Xisto ever gets a lot of tutorials, I could submit it to good-tutorials.com, and we could get more visitors!

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

I just got an idea...if Xisto ever gets a lot of tutorials, I could submit it to good-tutorials.com, and we could get more visitors!

157098[/snapback]

As if Trap doesn't get enough traffic as it is! lol. But nice tutorial, that is a pretty popular effect and is very easy to make. It would be nice as a 1024x768 background. (Opens Photoshop :unsure: )

Cool ffect. Looks like an infinitely long tunnel. Gonna try to add another ffect on it :P. If it worked I'll post it.

As if Trap doesn't get enough traffic as it is! lol. But nice tutorial, that is a pretty popular effect and is very easy to make. It would be nice as a 1024x768 background. (Opens Photoshop ;) )

158564[/snapback]

Yup, I did that, it looks great.

It's on my desktop now, thanks green fairy :P

Did you post this tutorial somewhere else? I vaguely remember another site (i believe) with a tutorial like this.The image looks really cool, I am going to make one right now, I'll post my results soon. =]