xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

What Is Web Developement?

I read an amazing definition of Web Developement in an article:"Web development is a mixture between print publishing and software development, between marketing and computing, between internal communications and external relations, and between art and technology"I am following a lecture about Web engineering and i would like to give you some of the points they transmited me. First of all the Web started as a static information system but nowadays is an application platform. Web Engineering is a multidisciplinary process composed by: - Requirement engineering- System analysis, system architecture and design- Software engineering (methods, processes, modeling languages, etc).- Hypermedia and hypertext engineering- Human-Computer interaction, usability, accessibility- Information egineering, information indexing and information retrieval- Project management -Graphic design and presentationThe future of the Web is XML which is the language for Web Engineering: - XML as a technolgy for managing documents (for presentation we need style sheets (CSS,XSLT, XSL-FO)- XML as a technology for managing data (we need storage tools, query languages XPath, XQuery).- XML as a technolgy for exchanging data (e.g. exchange messages between Web Services (SOAP))- XML as a technology for distributed computing (Remote procedure calls (SOAP)I hope this thread helps you to consider Web engineering as another kind of engineering which can not be considered a subfield of computer science or software engineering.

I think WEB ENGINEERING is a part of WEB DEVELOPMENT. Because web development can have two parts. One is static websites which has only HTML contents, some flash and some images, The other part is Dynamic Web Aplpications where you use some server side scripting and databases etc.I think development of dynamic Web Applications called WEB ENGINEERING. Its only my understanding.LOL.

I think WEB ENGINEERING is a part of WEB DEVELOPMENT. Because web development can have two parts. One is static websites which has only HTML contents, some flash and some images, The other part is Dynamic Web Aplpications where you use some server side scripting and databases etc.

I think development of dynamic Web Applications called WEB ENGINEERING. Its only my understanding.LOL.

155525[/snapback]

The creation of statics sites as you said it is just a publishing feautre provided by the Web. I considered that the publishing part is one of the involved by the Web Egineering concept. Basically as i wrote before the Web was borned as an static media and now it is an application platform. However there are still a lot of publications which are just statics docuements, images...