xisto Community
rejected

Breakups Do you feel sad?

Do you get depressed when you break up with someone else or are broken up with?I don't usually have a problem with breaking up with people, I may feel bad about the girl for a few days, but they all have friends to help them feel better, and I know they'll get over it..or so I hope lolThere were only two girls that ever broke up with me, and I have to say I was a little too attatched to them. I was down in the tubes for about 1-2 weeks for both; luckily I had friends to cheer me up, help me forget about them, and move on. I truthfully think that breakups are sad and stink, but some people aren't meant for each other.

I am the similar actually. Whne i break up with someone, i feel bad for them for like 1 day or so before and after the break up since i know it can hurt. However, when i am broken up with i also feel bad for like a day or 2 but not much more. The reason for this is that i believe that what is meant to happen will happen.

You shouldn't care whatsoever if you break up with someone. Want to know why? There are many reasons for people to break up, but ultimately they all come back to, "You suck as a couple". Which is good, because why date someone you know you suck as a couple with? If you find someone that's really worth it, then you wouldn't be having problems enough to concider breaking up with. Of course, this isn't the green-light to break up with people just because they don't like the same kind of music as you or something, but it means that if the situation were to ever arise that the relationship is to be cut-off, it was for the best anyways.

Word of advice, don't ever bother trying to retain a friendship after dating. It DOES NOT work. Guaranteed. That's a fact of life. Don't even try to prove me wrong on this. You can't. It's impossible. This doesn't mean you should hate eachother, just don't bother thinking about it.

Besides, it's not like you're tied down to the person. I'm assuming you don't have children with that person, or are even married for that matter. So it really shouldn't matter. That's why you're going out with that person right? Kinda like, testing out the merchandise before making a decision. It's never too good to get tied down to someone, even if you really do love that person. But when I say love, I don't mean "Infatuation", I mean "Love" as in "Jesus" kind of love. Because Love + Clinginess don't go well together. Mainly because if that person ever leaves you, you'll go insane. But if you love that person but at the same time lose your "desire", as it were, to be with them, you'll be a lot happy. Doesn't mean they bore you, just that it won't bug you when they go away. It's a hard thing to accomplish, but once you get the hang of it it's not hard.

It may seem a bit cynical to say this, but it's the truth. People are imperfect, and as such, they will let you down. No matter who they are, at one point or another. It's about being able to cope with this.

In short, don't take any relationship seriously unless you're married. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't care whatsoever if you break up with someone. Want to know why? There are many reasons for people to break up, but ultimately they all come back to, "You suck as a couple". Which is good, because why date someone you know you suck as a couple with? If you find someone that's really worth it, then you wouldn't be having problems enough to concider breaking up with. Of course, this isn't the green-light to break up with people just because they don't like the same kind of music as you or something, but it means that if the situation were to ever arise that the relationship is to be cut-off, it was for the best anyways.

Word of advice, don't ever bother trying to retain a friendship after dating. It DOES NOT work. Guaranteed. That's a fact of life. Don't even try to prove me wrong on this. You can't. It's impossible. This doesn't mean you should hate eachother, just don't bother thinking about it.

Besides, it's not like you're tied down to the person. I'm assuming you don't have children with that person, or are even married for that matter. So it really shouldn't matter. That's why you're going out with that person right? Kinda like, testing out the merchandise before making a decision. It's never too good to get tied down to someone, even if you really do love that person. But when I say love, I don't mean "Infatuation", I mean "Love" as in "Jesus" kind of love. Because Love + Clinginess don't go well together. Mainly because if that person ever leaves you, you'll go insane. But if you love that person but at the same time lose your "desire", as it were, to be with them, you'll be a lot happy. Doesn't mean they bore you, just that it won't bug you when they go away. It's a hard thing to accomplish, but once you get the hang of it it's not hard.

It may seem a bit cynical to say this, but it's the truth. People are imperfect, and as such, they will let you down. No matter who they are, at one point or another. It's about being able to cope with this.

In short, don't take any relationship seriously unless you're married. :rolleyes:

155437[/snapback]

Wowza. Spoken like a pro. Break up a lot? :lol: j/k

Anyway, here's my bit:

I've only dated one girl, and it only lasted for about 6 months. It was the end of our sophomore year and we had just gotten to know each other a lot more. We started -going out- a lot just after school ended, and eventually one thing led to another and we were actually -going out-. I was ADDICTED to her. Couldn't get enough. So, things were good for a little while, until suddenly my mother decides we have to move to california. (financial problems, don't ask.)

She said she didn't want us to break up just because of a temporary move (I'm planning to move back in a year.) so we stayed together long distance. Needless to say, things didn't work out. Eventually she told me that hey, this ain't such a great plan after all, and so we broke up.

So, the point of that whole spiel is to get to this: At first I wasn't phased, because it wasn't either of our faults, it was just bad luck with the move. When she told me I was just like "Oh, and my day was going so well too..." but I didn't really mind, because I sorta already knew it was going to happen. Eventually though, I started missing her, and I still kinda do. There's a new girl in my life now, but my ex was an amazing girl, and I loved being with her. But we're not friends anymore, really. It's more like acquaintances. We still talk very often, but it's just not the same as even before we started dating.

So, yeah, for my one breakup, it was easy at first, but I still can't really get her completely outta my head. I guess that's just the way it goes.

I can't say I have much experience in breakups, but I can't really understand how people can suffer so much after a breakup. The 5pm news always shows people killing themselfs because his girlfriend dummped him. Besides the fact that he is dead :rolleyes:, crying so much for a breakup is lame, specially for a wannabe man. I can't remember a girl killing herself for a boy, so it seems (even though I don't belive it since i'm a boy) girls have a better morale and they can pass this kinds of "disasters" called breakups.I could never suffer that much after a breakup because I don't belive in one true love (maybe I'm not romantic enought, but I really don't belive that much in the concept of love).Anyway the general rule is...as you invest more and more fellings into a relationship you are doomed to have a larger and larger nervous breakdown when the relationship fails.

I would have to disagree with the can not be friends thing. I have dated my friend and even after a very messy break-up, time apart, and me moving back from Kentucky we are as close as we were before if not closer.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not this cool with all of my ex-boyfriends but its not impossible. I don't hate any of my exs but I just don't like them.

I hate it... it's been 3 or 4 weeks how it's hapend but I'm still *BLEEP*ed up... I don't have luck in love... the worst thing is that she were my best friend before we were thogether... I just hope the ours frendship isn't over... that is all from me... I can't talk much about it... it's still to painfull for me...

Even if you could sitll be friends, do u feel like u want to?! Ive loved this girl for one year..and now i want to..but i dont feel like we could... Its like this void between us when i talk to her on aim.. when is ee her its weird and awkward...

I have never had a girlfriend but I have been rejected. And I felt bad for that cause I really liked her. Never try to really like a girl a lot if you ain't going out. Cause if she rejects you it is prolly just as bad as her breaking up with you. I know it is but eventually I got over it.

I have never had a girlfriend but I have been rejected. And I felt bad for that cause I really liked her. Never try to really like a girl a lot if you ain't going out. Cause if she rejects you it is prolly just as bad as her breaking up with you. I know it is but eventually I got over it.

155871[/snapback]

Well, that really falls back to "use common sense- don't get your hopes up." You should never become too "into" a girl, if you're not sure about how she feels about you. If she's not feeling you the same way, chances are your heart's gonna get stomped on.

This is quite incorrect. Just because the majority of people have bad aftermath, doesn't mean that everybody does. I'm still friends with one of my Ex's. all we did was work out what went wrong, forgot that anything ever happened, and stayed as friends.

This is quite incorrect. Just because the majority of people have bad aftermath, doesn't mean that everybody does. I'm still friends with one of my Ex's. all we did was work out what went wrong, forgot that anything ever happened, and stayed as friends.

157093[/snapback]

But can you honestly say it's the same as before though? I mean, I don't think I could just pretend like a relationship, good or bad, never happened. O.o