xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Tutorial Requests Want a specific tutorial?

Okay, first of all, slow down, I know what you're thinking. "OOH! JOHNNY'S MAKING TUTORIALS FOR US! I'M GONNA BE A PRO NOW!" Heh, trust me, it's not like that. I'm no pro myself, I just know a few tips and tricks, and now I think I'd like to share some. It's up to YOU to learn your own style and produce some nice sigsSo anyway, I've been getting NUMEROUS requests for tutorials, because (for some reason) people seem to really like my sigs. So, I'll go ahead and make some tutorials (but not a ton, mind you. I have a life, and tutorials take a while to make.).So what this topic is for is for you guys to suggest some topics for me to go over in some tutorials. I'd like to start with some general stuff first, so you guys can get the basics down, and then I can move on to more advanced stuff. Again, I don't know everything there is to know, so I can't TEACH you everything. I can only teach you what I myself know.So go ahead and suggest. After I get a good number of suggestions, I'll make another topic, I guess, where you guys can rate them, and I'll make them in that order.Beware though, that there's simply some things that I do "spur-of-the-moment", which isn't really something you can teach. I'll try to explain to the best of my ability though.Have fun guys. I look forward to some nice suggestions. (Feel free to suggest more than one thing.)

:rolleyes: text on the sigs. how to choose the right font, how to blend it in the background, shadowing/highlighting. please? :lol:

Three things here about this thread:

1. This is the only time when I'll say something nice to you, so keep a record of it. :rolleyes: You are good. Period. I mean, I literally lick the screen when I see your work. It's just that good.

2. The reason why people think your good, besides the fact that you are, is that you revived this forum and stuffed it with awesome work. Look at the amount of posts in this forum. 30% percent of it is yours, and almost everyday you release sig(s).

3. If you have time (very important phrase there), would you make me a sig? Include the psd file so I can learn, too. I completely understand if you never do this (I really will) because I'm asking randomly, but thanks a bunch.

Edit: Added more stuff

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

@leiaah -- Suggestions noted.@Nguyen -- 1. Haha, thanks. I'll be sure and remember that you were in fact nice to me. :rolleyes: I appreciate it though. Thanks a lot.2. Well, I try. I really do.3. I'll see what I can do. ^-^

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

i would like to see some of these type of tutorials..1. Making Solid backgrounds, and and cool looking backgrounds2. what leiaa said, text,what kinda effects to use and type of fonts to hcoose..3.how to use the blending options..i thik this is waht i need help with.. :rolleyes:

Using the brush and air brush effectively. I am not good at that and other people are not the best eaither. Also I think that it is called the render putting that in effectively so it does not look choppy.

Using the brush and air brush effectively.  I am not good at that and other people are not the best eaither.  Also I think that it is called the render putting that in effectively so it does not look choppy.

155484[/snapback]

Alrighty guys. Suggestions noted. Keep em coming.

BTW, I have a render blending tutorial...it's kinda old and not that great, but it gets the job done. Search in the how tos section for topics started by me.

yea i would also like to see a tut what you can do with the lasso tool, creating tech borders, making professional looking banners,logo..some effects that are importand and useful..on how to use them etc.when are you gonna do post these?

yea i would also like to see a tut what you can do with the lasso tool, creating tech borders, making professional looking banners,logo..some effects that are importand and useful..on how to use  them etc.when are you gonna do post these?

155732[/snapback]

Alright. Sounds good. (There's a tech border tutorial in the How To's section. Search for topics made by me.)

I'm probably gonna post up all your suggestions (or, at least the ones I know I can do) up in a day or two, along with some of my own, then have you guys pick out your favorite few, and then a day or two after that I'll start on the tutorials. But until then, keep the suggestions coming guys. ^-^

I would like a tutorial based on the pen tool. That's the one thing that I constantly experiment with, but end up failing badly. All the tutorials I've read about it are crappy...

I would like a tutorial based on the pen tool. That's the one thing that I constantly experiment with, but end up failing badly. All the tutorials I've read about it are crappy...

155751[/snapback]

Haha, that's one of the things I can't teach. I have no frickin' idea how to use the pen tool. Guess it's just one of those things you gotta have a natural knack for.

Gah, I wish there was an edit button....Any clue on how to use displacement maps? I'm confuzzled about that too -.-....read quite a few tutorials but still don't get it.

Gah, I wish there was an edit button....

Any clue on how to use displacement maps? I'm confuzzled about that too -.-....read quite a few tutorials but still don't get it.

155761[/snapback]

Displacement maps?