xisto Community
Johnny

New Signiture Graphic Designs

*sigh* I really should post these in seperate topics, because when there's several in one topic you guys seem to make less detailed comments on each sig, but meh...I'm lazy. Here's a bunch that I haven't posted because...well...I dunno why. I just post sigs at Gamerenders more often. (Excuse me if I've posted some already...I lose track.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Continued in next post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's a few more gifts for people at Gamerenders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Continued in next post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know you guys are reluctant to comment on them all, but please do, because I love attention, and I love criticism even more.

(Oh, and just for reference, my faves are 7, 9, 12, 13, and gifts 3 and 7.)

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

Wow, you've been busy :rolleyes:. They all look cool, but not so much for #13 on post 2. For #7 on your first post, how'd you do that warp thing in the background? Simple lasso, paint, and polar coordinates?

huhh,awesome works you gave...all the grafics make me not help envying you who are really a design wizard :rolleyes:excellect to appreciate your works...

Wow so many. Johnny, I'm gonna die trying to respond to all of them :rolleyes: We've only seen 11 & 16 here at Xisto anyway :(Ok.. um my faves - 2,5,6,10,13 and yeah - gift 3 & 72 - Good font choice, brushing is pretty decent. The sig just flows quite well and whilst maybe not technically outstanding, works well.5 - Interesting semi grunge/tech thing, I like it better than the other similar one (14), as 14 looks a bit bright/bleached. Anyway, it's unique, and the render & text aren't too bad either.6 - I've always like the whole "light" brushing thing. You've made it work quite well - maybe too much :lol:. Perhaps a little less brushing/light would make the render and text a bit more visible - though I did still like it.10 - Once again, good use of the whole "light" thing. Works well with the render as it looks like the light is reflecting off. Not too sure about the lines in the middle, but I like the text... good brushing around it - makes it look funky :(13 - Worms is awesome. And that's a great sig. Good use of simple colours - good render placement. It's totally unique, and great use of that filter for the background. My pick of the lot.Gifts:3 - Nice mystical feel with soft brushing, reflected text. The pattern overlay works well too. Good how the render feels part of the sig with the soft brushing round it.7 - Star brushes used well, not too excessive, and the cloudish background is subtle yet effective. Suitable font choice too. Just don't go for how part of the render has lost it's colour and become blue.The others:1 - Bit monotone - background makes text box thing look a bit pixellated - though I like the render :(3 - Once again, a bit monotone, brushing is a bit boring... Render isn't particuarly complex either.4 - Luigi is a bit pixellated round the edges, and his colour isn't quite uniform - a bit patchy. He doesn't really blend in at all with the background (which is a bit boring in itself, with only the beam trailing).7 - Not too bad, nice how the sword is higlighted with the brush strokes. Maybe some more variation in the background would do it.8 - Find the background a bit simple... and then it's just the render with some tech brushes, which don't flow quite as well as some of your other sigs.9 - Works well, actually. Simple, neat, but comparatively, not as good as your others.11 - I've commented on this one before I think.12 - Bit too blue, and the bottom seems a bit bare, even though it's lighter than the rest. Maybe the lighter bit needs to be at the top, whilst the text and darker bit at the bottom? I'm not sure, just didn't go for the placement so much. 14 - Doesn't work as well as 5, too bright in the middle, and the render doesn't blend as well - as it's just on top of the background15 - Better than the Luigi one, but I would think some more background, and better blending of the render would do it. Have his feet somehow brushed over, like they're moving? I'm not sure B)16 - Not much to say, just a bit boring.Other Gifts:1 - Bit too simple - just the grunge type overlay brush on top, can't tell what's in the background. Good font choice though.2 - Text a bit too opaque, and the render needs to be blended in a bit better. 4 - Monotone, I think. Neat and tidy, but looks like other sigs you've made - ie not that unique.5 - Background is too dominant with the patches.. text is hard to read too.6 - Think you went a bit overboard on the glow on text/feature. Magna Carta renders tend to be overused also.

hey man!WOW your good, got some talent there man!. Do your use Adobe photoshop CS or CS2? OR what else?Do you mind makinf one for me and sending it to jerrylili@gmail.com. oor jus post a new topic with my game to get me attension.I would like to have if you please:Name : Jerry Li Lisome cool graphicsand these faces :rolleyes::lol::(:(:( barcadi.and other.please mama,thanks ,thanks,jeman jerrry

Wow, you've been busy :rolleyes:. They all look cool, but not so much for #13 on post 2. For #7 on your first post, how'd you do that warp thing in the background? Simple lasso, paint, and polar coordinates?

155258[/snapback]

The black lines? It was part brush, part lasso. (BTW, can you point out some flaws in #13?) Thanks for the comments.

huhh,awesome works you gave...

all the grafics make me not help envying you who are really a design wizard :(

excellect to appreciate your works...

155262[/snapback]

Heh, thank you.

Wow so many. Johnny, I'm gonna die trying to respond to all of them :( We've only seen 11 & 16 here at Xisto anyway :(

Ok.. um my faves - 2,5,6,10,13 and yeah - gift 3 & 7

2 - Good font choice, brushing is pretty decent. The sig just flows quite well and whilst maybe not technically outstanding, works well.

5 - Interesting semi grunge/tech thing, I like it better than the other similar one (14), as 14 looks a bit bright/bleached. Anyway, it's unique, and the render & text aren't too bad either.

6 - I've always like the whole "light" brushing thing. You've made it work quite well - maybe too much :(. Perhaps a little less brushing/light would make the render and text a bit more visible - though I did still like it.

10 - Once again, good use of the whole "light" thing. Works well  with the render as it looks like the light is reflecting off. Not too sure about the lines in the middle, but I like the text... good brushing around it - makes it look funky :(

13 - Worms is awesome. And that's a great sig. Good use of simple colours - good render placement. It's totally unique, and great use of that filter for the background. My pick of the lot.

Gifts:

3 - Nice mystical feel with soft brushing, reflected text. The pattern overlay works well too. Good how the render feels part of the sig with the soft brushing round it.

7 - Star brushes used well, not too excessive, and the cloudish background is subtle yet effective. Suitable font choice too. Just don't go for how part of the render has lost it's colour and become blue.

The others:

1 - Bit monotone - background makes text box thing look a bit pixellated - though I like the render B)

3 - Once again, a bit monotone, brushing is a bit boring... Render isn't particuarly complex either.

4 - Luigi is a bit pixellated round the edges, and his colour isn't quite uniform - a bit patchy. He doesn't really blend in at all with the background (which is a bit boring in itself, with only the beam trailing).

7 - Not too bad, nice how the sword is higlighted with the brush strokes. Maybe some more variation in the background would do it.

8 - Find the background a bit simple... and then it's just the render with some tech brushes, which don't flow quite as well as some of your other sigs.

9 - Works well, actually. Simple, neat, but comparatively, not as good as your others.

11 - I've commented on this one before I think.

12 - Bit too blue, and the bottom seems a bit bare, even though it's lighter than the rest. Maybe the lighter bit needs to be at the top, whilst the text and darker bit at the bottom? I'm not sure, just didn't go for the placement so much.

14 - Doesn't work as well as 5, too bright in the middle, and the render doesn't blend as well - as it's just on top of the background

15 - Better than the Luigi one, but I would think some more background, and better blending of the render would do it. Have his feet somehow brushed over, like they're moving? I'm not sure B)

16 - Not much to say, just a bit boring.

Other Gifts:

1 - Bit too simple - just the grunge type overlay brush on top, can't tell what's in the background. Good font choice though.

2 - Text a bit too opaque, and the render needs to be blended in a bit better. 

4 - Monotone,  I think. Neat and tidy, but looks like other sigs you've made - ie not that unique.

5 - Background is too dominant with the patches.. text is hard to read too.

6 - Think you went a bit overboard on the glow on text/feature. Magna Carta renders tend to be overused also.

155271[/snapback]

Freaker, I frickin' love you. I love reading all your comments/criticism/whatever, as it really does help me find my mistakes, and essentially makes me a better designer in the end. <3

hey man!

WOW your good, got some talent there man!. Do your use Adobe photoshop CS or CS2? OR what else?

Do you mind makinf one for me and sending it to jerrylili@gmail.com. oor jus post a new topic with my game to get me attension.

I would like to have if you please:

Name : Jerry Li Li

some cool graphics

and these faces :lol:  :(  :(  :(  :(

barcadi.

and other.

please mama,

thanks ,

thanks,

jeman jerrry

155275[/snapback]

Um...not sure what you're talking about, but I think the gist is that you want me to do a sig for you. PM me the details, and I'll see what I can do.

(BTW, can you point out some flaws in #13?)

It's fine the way it is, it's just personally, i dont like it. I guess it's the colors, or the worms charatcer. I cant really point it out. It just doesnt say "wow" for me. I'm sure other people like it.

It's fine the way it is, it's just personally, i dont like it. I guess it's the colors, or the worms charatcer. I cant really point it out. It just doesnt say "wow" for me. I'm sure other people like it.

155380[/snapback]

Ah. I see. Wellup, thanks.

Wow! They're really good! Maybe next time you can post a tutorial on putting text and how to blend it on the graphics? or have you done so already? :lol::rolleyes:

Wow!  They're really good!  Maybe next time you can post a tutorial on putting text and how to blend it on the graphics?  or have you done so already?  :lol:  :rolleyes:

155421[/snapback]

Don't believe I've made any tutorials for text...Planning on making a bunch a tutorials sometime soon though. Keep an eye out. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know you guys are reluctant to comment on them all, but please do, because I love attention, and I love criticism even more.

(Oh, and just for reference, my faves are 7, 9, 12, 13, and gifts 3 and 7.)

155257[/snapback]

wow im impressed :( but can i have the halo 1 which is number 5 plz*2 :D

hey johnny :D could i plz have the halo 1 which is number 5 plz*3 :D coz im a newbie :( and i realy need that sig thanx :(:D

hey johnny could u plz get me a sig plz and could it be num 5 plz which is thr halo 1 plz*6

Notice from jlhaslip:

Merging triple posts.

Members are reminded that other members may not be on-line at all times and patience is required.

For Personal requests such as this, use the PM to contact a member. Use the PM button found on the bottom left of every post.

Please read the Xisto Readme and / or Help files.

Notice from KuBi:
Killed all the "plz" things. *btw, Johnny doesn't to photoshop anymore*

Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

I feel you defeat the purpose of the sig in a lot of them where you put extra stuff around your name, it changes the focal point or draw to the artwork itself. Overall you did good with the bgs and blending and what not but I feel you did wrong on the ones with the designs around the text pulling my eyes to the text and not the work you created.