xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Pete Rose Steroids overlooked, betting not?

Should Rose Be Un-Banned?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I the only one who finds it hypocritical that guys like Bonds, Giambi, and McGuire are now known to have used steroids and if punished at all have gotten only a slap on the wrist? They are not banned. Pete Rose on the other hand is out for betting on his own team to win, and can't even manage a baseball team? Shoeless Joe is out because he supposedly threw the World Series despite hitting almost .400 in it?

I believe Pete Rose deserves to have his ban from baseball lifted and finally be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. At the time he was caught for betting on his own team, I thought it was unfortunate that he was banned in the first place. Makes me wonder how they establish their forms of punishment. Steroids are bad, but gambling is much worse? Give me a break!

I believe Pete Rose deserves to have his ban from baseball lifted and finally be inducted in to the Hall of Fame. At the time he was caught for betting on his own team, I thought it was unfortunate that he was banned in the first place. Makes me wonder how they establish their forms of punishment. Steroids are bad, but gambling is much worse? Give me a break!

155001[/snapback]

I love the game of baseball and hate to see this hypocrisy hanging over it, if they're going to keep Shoeless Joe and Pete out not just of the HOF but of baseball itself the least they should do is ban Barry and his merry band of juicers. At the least, stop the hypocrisy.

People talk about Pete Rose as an ex-con (tax evasion I believe) but I believe he genuinely loved the game more then just about anybody, even if he did make some bad choices. He played harder then maybe anyone, and his nickname "Charlie Hustle" was well-earned. The guy would sprint from the dugout to the field every time in practices!

What's sad is he's still around and wants to be involved in the game he loves if only as a coach but still can't. Meanwhile Barry is insulting reporters as being mad at his steroid-using self because they don't want to see a black man have the Home Run record. So what is Hank Aaron then? Lol.

What I thought was cool is that the WWF/E put Pete into their own Hall of Fame.

155159[/snapback]

Huh, was unaware of that. Nice gesture at least :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe baseball will take the hint :lol: