xisto Community
alicia91

Laptop Computers What is the best laptop computer brand?

I am wanting to save my money for a laptop computer, and I want to know what type/brand of laptop is the best one, and will it work for years to come? :rolleyes: I just want to know which laptop computer will work, so I am not wasting money and something that won't work.I don't know of many laptop computer brand names, I don't even know which one works the best because I have never owned a laptop before.The only brand names that I know, that I think are good, are:Bell;HP;Gateway;and Apple.My school has an Apple laptop, and they are just like e-mac/i-mac computers, and I really don't like e-macs and i-macs, but they do look nice, I don't like how they work.Could you please tell me what type of labtop computer works the best? :lol:

Dell, not Bell, because Dell is the best computer company in the world in terms of service and product quality...If you have any defective parts, Dell will replace for you free of charge, and also the replacement part is upgraded to a better then your usual part on complimentary...I had once a Dell desktop and the screen becomes defective..I ring up Dell and they agreed to replace the monitor..It was a CRT monitor then, and they took me an LCD screen in exchange...I like this kind of service.. You may not find such services in other computer companies...

Dell are really great and not hugely expensive. Great service aswell.If you don't mind spending a bit more then Sony VAIO laptops are marvellous! If you are going to be using your laptop for multimedia then I would recommend them.It all depends what you need your laptop for...

Dell is definitely among the better PC companies. Great machines, great service and not too expensive - even for laptops!Having said that, I know a few friends who have bought Macs and they were realy happy with them. LIke sonyguy said, it depends on what you intend to use the laptop for.

I want to use a laptop for school work, and for making graphics for my web site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, host may change to this host).

I was thinking that Dell might be the best type of computer, but I don't know much about computers, so I thought I might ask first.

All I know is that any newer type of computer is better then the one I am using right now.

My moms friend has a HP computer and it has worked for her for a few years, but I don't know about HP laptop computers.

So, I think I will try and get a Dell laptop computer.

Thanx :rolleyes:

If I were I will personally do my research, because If your going to ask me all I can give is only those junks I know, but there are more laptops on the market with is very high power, I mean laptop that almost support everything... IBM centrino is only an example of the best laptop I know, but there are more better than centrino...so, I suggest you search the net for the new technology, and then try to compare, compare and compare until you found your ideal laptop that fits your expectations...:unsure:

I have a three year old HP Omnibook XT6200 which is still in perfect shape, and I would recommend HP for all kinds of business or school work.I have no experience with Dell laptops, so I cannot comment on them.My own computer is a German Gericom 9600, which got modded and painted and tortured and is still in good shape. However I can say that obviously Gericom's service is nowhere near as good as the big boys'. Its battery died (pretty quickly for that matter) and I cannot easily replace it. On the other hand, it outperforms most laptops out there today due to its fast CPU and GPU, so you get speed by sacrificing service.Toshiba is a very experienced company for laptops, none of my friends with Toshiba's have had problems and they have great warranty and service options. Their Tecra and Qosmio lines (may differ due to location) are great.Apart from brand, I would consider two important things. 1. size, this includes the weight and the monitor size. 14inch and a 2.5kg laptop is great for portability, but a 15.4inch 3.5kg laptop usually has very good multimedia capabilities. The second is battery life, you'll usually want more of this, but if you want a fast processor it goes down so it is up to you to balance the two.As for the CPUs, Dothan codename CPUs for laptops are old now, look for the latest Sonoma codename (these are codenames, they are all branded as Pentium-M) CPUs which consume less power and have a lot of cache memory on them which makes them really fast.

When you are looking at laptops, you have to look beyond just the specs. You have to look at its appearance.Imagine this: You are in public your your thick-thick dull-black laptop, with a very dainty screen... How embarassing...The catagory that wins in both appearance and specs is Apple Computer. It fosters a great sleek look, that is inspiring to the eyes, and catchy to the bone.If you are not up to par with the price tag, Dell rates second.Although recently Dell has gone astray into the realm of black-casing for the entry-range, the higher-end models are nicer.I would definitely recommend the Dell Inspirion 700m. The price as it stands right now is 1019U$D. This is fairly a mid-price laptop considering the brand's boast for "Low-Prices."If you do not need the ultimate portability, I would press hard on the Inspiron 6000. Its current tag is at 674 U$D. This is fairly fairly cheap for a laptop. It gives you an amazingly 15.4 inch screen, but to the sacrifice of a Celeron processor.You have to consider the following:1) Price2) Portability3) Speed4) Appearance5) Quality*These are not arranged in any specific order.

Dell mm.. :unsure: IBM not at all that bad, but still culd be better.Want a laptop, go Mac!! :P You won't regret it!as said above, look at things you want to do with it, and how your new laptop will deal with it. Don't go over board, sometimes you have to take the bad with the good.

Well My choice in this case will be HP laptops.the reason i am saying is that i've worked for techincal troubleshooting of Hp laptops. they have great stability(provided you buy a high end laptop)well my favourite is Presario X1000 which is a US model series.if you think of buying a good laptop then go for any model in this series. ;)

yeah i would go with dell i would put compaq in a close second place in cheap but good laptop computers ( i have one myself.)

i'm currently using an IBM laptop. It worked fine for me.The motherboard died once and since it happened during the warranty period, the IBM support team immediately checked the laptop for problems and got the motheboard changed done within a week. They have a good technical support system. Besides, IBM laptops are pre installed with Access IBM to help you with configurations and stuff. i like IBM, whats your say?

My father now have an IBM and before an Acer. Both two have never given many problems but both are high end products of this two brand, so i don't know if the quality is the same for cheaper ones. My friends have a Sony Vaio, and I think I will buy one of it soon. They aren't the cheapest, but they are very good. The FS series offer in 1,9kg 1024MB of Ram and a 128MB Graphic Card, not bad for a laptop.