xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paypal.login

What Is The Most Common Gb Space For Ipods? i got a 60...

I've always said anything over 10gigs is just an over-exaggeration. There isnt really any use for something like what you've stated. I would have gotten myself a new computer instead of wasting my money on excess memory, when i'll probably never fully use all of the memory provided.

I don't have an MP3 player/stick yet, but I'm thinking of buying one. My choices consists of either an iPod, an iPod mini, an iShuffle or a Sony Walkman Stick. If I were to get an iPod, I'd more likely get a 20 GB one. The mini version (6GB) wold also do me nicely. Of course, the new stick players give me enough music for a long journey or a jog. As you could probably tell, I'm still lost as to what to get....maybe settle for an iPod mini (6GB) and an iShuffle?

I have a 20GB iPod and I use a little over 5GB of it. When I got my iPod, my thoughts were that it's better to get something bigger (if you'll use it up eventually) than it is to get something with less memory and use it up quickly, and then need something else right away. And I propbably will use all the space on there eventually, so that's why I got a 20 gig. :unsure:

If you think you will never use a 20GB harddrive -- that is an understatement.When I first originally bought a 20GB iPod, I thought I made a big mistake. I didn't. I was debating between an Ipod Mini and the iPod G4. There is no more contest henceforth.When you see the glory of a color screen, your photos will start to load up your memory.It is like replacing your photo album, onto your iPod. Photos are very easy to take, and it accumulates very fast. For every event, I take 512MB worth of pictures. Full grained quality -- picture perfecto.Given that I only keep the best, which is half of 512, I have a total-combined album of over 2GB alone of photos.Of Music I have 7GBs of songs.When you have two albums of Marilyn Manson (17 songs each), Ataris (16 songs each), and The whole Collection of Greenday, etc. You will need more and more space.I have other documents such as word documents, etc.These only take a mere 512mb.That gives me about another 10GBs to spend to be generous.I store short-homemade-videos on the remainder. Given that MiniDVs take a mere 13GB per hour, I can store all so much.

When I got my iPod, my thoughts were that it's better to get something bigger (if you'll use it up eventually) than it is to get something with less memory and use it up quickly, and then need something else right away.

Ditto. I don't have an iPod, just a measly 124 meg MP3 player, but if I were to get an iPod I'd definitely get a 20 gig. I've only got about 2 gigs of music on my computer right now, but I'm always buying more and I'd hate to buy a mini and then have to get something else when that fills up.

Really, the 20 gigs are a great value compared to the minis. $200 for 4 gigs and $250 for 6 gigs, compared with $300 for 20 gigs and $400 for 60 gigs; you can get 15 times the space for only 2 times the price. So if you end up filling a 4 gig and have to get a new one, you've already spent as much as you would have for 60 gigs. I'd definitely stick to the higher end.