xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paypal.login

What Is Autoexe.nt ? i get this error

Autoexec.nt - is your Win2k/XP version of the old dos based Autoexec.Bat file. It simply is a text-based batch file containing a series of commands to be run at boot-time.

Now you haven't mentioned anything about the errors you are getting - what you scanner reports, why you have a problem with that file and want to get rid of it.. without all that information its not possible to provide any solution.

Normally, if its a valid autoexec.nt created by windows itself - it shouldn't even be detected in your scanner. It's a perfectly valid file, unless of course you're under attack by a worm, which created files similar to required system file. To a cross check on that file again - and first turn off the Hide extensions of known file types in windows explorer. Check whether the file is actually named autoexec.nt.pif or something similar - if so, THEN you might have a problem...

Regards,

m^e

Yes, XP SP2 got rid of it. If you have compatibility problems, open up notepad, type in

@echo offREM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless aREM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.REM Install CD ROM extensionslh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exeREM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redirREM Install DPMI supportlh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosxREM The following line enables Sound Blaster 2.0 support on NTVDM.REM The command for setting the BLASTER environment is as follows:REM    SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330REM    where:REM        A    specifies the sound blaster's base I/O portREM        I    specifies the interrupt request lineREM        D    specifies the 8-bit DMA channelREM        P    specifies the MPU-401 base I/O portREM        T    specifies the type of sound blaster cardREM                 1 - Sound Blaster 1.5REM                 2 - Sound Blaster Pro IREM                 3 - Sound Blaster 2.0REM                 4 - Sound Blaster Pro IIREM                 6 - SOund Blaster 16/AWE 32/32/64REMREM    The default value is A220 I5 D1 T3 and P330.  If any of the switches isREM    left unspecified, the default value will be used. (NOTE, since all theREM    ports are virtualized, the information provided here does not have toREM    match the real hardware setting.)  NTVDM supports Sound Blaster 2.0 only.REM    The T switch must be set to 3, if specified.SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3REM To disable the sound blaster 2.0 support on NTVDM, specify an invalidREM SB base I/O port address.  For example:REM    SET BLASTER=A0
Then save it as "autoexec.nt" in Windows \ System32 WITH quotes -- otherwise notepad adds .txt to your file name.