xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
concertina226

Jerusalem Bans Gay Pride Parade

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4618465.stm

According to the BBC, the Mayor of Jerusalem has just cancelled the Gay Pride Parade... I think this is really bad, considering the fact that if you read the article, it shows that the Jerusalem government allowed the parade to be carried out over the last 3 years without ever having a problem with it!

The people who wanted to hold the parade simply registered with the police, made all the right arrangements... I don't see why this year should be any different! :rolleyes:

Personally in my opinion, in a city where different religions are allowed to live side by side together, why can't homosexuals be free to express themselves too? :lol:

If they had it the past 3 years I dont see why they wouldnt. I would be afraid to go for one reason. The threat of terrorism. That would be a major target. Hundreds of people could get hurt. Security would have to be high and everyone checked before they entered a designated area.

According to the BBC, the Mayor of Jerusalem has just cancelled the Gay Pride Parade... I think this is really bad, considering the fact that if you read the article, it shows that the Jerusalem government allowed the parade to be carried out over the last 3 years without ever having a problem with it!

The people who wanted to hold the parade simply registered with the police, made all the right arrangements... I don't see why this year should be any different!  :rolleyes:

Personally in my opinion, in a city where different religions are allowed to live side by side together, why can't homosexuals be free to express themselves too? :lol:

154613[/snapback]

oh well...

The people who wanted to hold the parade simply registered with the police, made all the right arrangements... I don't see why this year should be any different!  :rolleyes:

154613[/snapback]

Well, just because they're a group... I don't think they'd let them have a Nazi parade just so they can "be free to express themselves too"

All I'm saying is freedom of expression is not in itself justification