xisto Community
Pipirupi

Trouble With Emailer.php failed sending email error

Whenever someone registers at my forum, they get this error:Failed sending email :: PHP ::DEBUG MODELine : 234File : emailer.phphowever, the account will be sucessfully registered.It is weird because i did not change the original emailer.php at all. O__O|||anyone know whats up with it?

i suggest reloading your forum abd let people knowalso which forum are you using to help makes things easier

Maybe you should post line 234 and let us look at it?

154794[/snapback]

// Did it work?

if (!$result)

{

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failed sending email :: ' . (($this->use_smtp) ? 'SMTP' : 'PHP') . ' :: ' . $result, '', __LINE__, __FILE__);

}

return true;

}

thats the link area stuff starting with messsage_die i have the same problem w/ my site and it dousnt work

From what I can tell, it seems that result doesn't exist. The code you posted looks like it should print "Failed sending email :: PHP :: (contents of $result)," but there appears to be nothing after the second set of colons. Is it possible that $result never got created? Like a typo somewhere?

You are using PhpBB, right? I believe you do so. If you get this error you should try to configure STMP options in PhpBB main configuration. Simply type the mail server (SMTP) address and/or username and/or password. Check if it works. If it doesn't (i believe it's your server) try to change configuration options in php (php.ini). Replace SMTP = localhost with a mail server's address. Also you can add ; before sendmail_from. Try this too. Good luck! :D

Depending on how many users you are sending to, I've discovered this is a volume limitation. My forum has been restricted to 50 users at once. I've not found a work around accept to create user groups of 50 or less and email multiple groups. Hope that helps.