xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theconman

Cell Phone Antennas... Are they that big of a deal?

South End of my town is apparently having trouble deciding what to do with Verizon's plan to put in new cell phone antennas, since South End is one of the 50 largest dropped-call zones in northern Jersey. So they're thinking about putting them in ontop of buildings, but the people living there are like 'No! Radiation!' Even though they would cause %5 less than what the FCC considers allowable.If we're all going to die one day or another, whats wrong with a bit more radiation? I mean, if I can call someone in South End, worry-free of having my call disconnected, it's a good day.What do you all think?

I guess that you live in a town where people think that the Discovery Channel is the tool of the devil? :(

Back on topic:

Mobile telephony uses these frequency bands:
900MHz
1800MHz
1900MHz

You would be safe if you would put that cell phone antenna near your face! I mean, people live near TV and radio antennas, they emit more power than cell phone antennas, but people are not complaining about it because they don't feel a thing, besides, TV is TV, everybody has one, and everybody needs one! Mobile phones are completely harmless (unless you plan to do some biking while talking to your friends :rolleyes: ), and so is that cell phone antenna.

Your neighbors probably don't need a cell phone, and that's the main reason for protesting against it! They don't need it, and they are afraid of something changing in their town! It sounds strange, but it's true! People can be that weird!

My neighbor told me that his neighbors were complaining about his WiFi access point that was on top of the building where he lives. They said that it was causing loss of quality on their favorite TV stations! What they didn't realize is that WiFi operates on 2.4GHz, and TV stations operate from 500MHz to about 800MHz (more about TV/FM/CATV frequencies here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)! They can't interfere with each other! Plus, they all have cable! LoL! :lol: Their old TV antennas weren't even used the whole time!

Check out this link to learn more about this topic:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

However, if you find bunch of dead birds around, then you should complain about that cell phone antenna! :(

The only reason "radiation from mobile phones killing you" is such a big deal is because, they came out not to long ago and you had to place them next to your head. TV's are old technology (like BureX said everyone has a TV) and the only way it is going to kill you is if you never stop watching them and don't get any exercise.