xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jaskoonline

Do U Have A Usb Stick =

I just recently bought a 512MB mp3 one off ebay. It's so awesome, really worth it, get about 9 hours of playing time from it and it has this awesome neat little LCD screen that actually displays the lyrics of the song as well as all the other information. I got it for pretty cheap, definately look into it. It's just slightly bigger than a normal flash memory stick. Another thing that's really awesome about it is that you can change the backlight of the LCD screen to seven, yes seven different colours. Highly recommended, I absolutely love it! Oh yes, I almost forgot, it's also a voice recorder and FM radio- you can also record the radio music. Off e-bay it's really not that expensive, in fact it's probably less than what you'd pay for a normal 512mb one in a retial store.

Well, I have 4, and all of them were bought in Japan. Here's the list, if memory serves:DiskOnKey (64MB)IODATA ClipDrive (128MB)Hagiwara USB (256MB)Sony Pocket Bit (64MB)

I have one USB pen drive that holds 128MB, made by Crucial Memory. I paid ?18 for it, but the prices have dropped alarmingly since then, now to about ?10. I am thinking of upgrading to a 512MB / 1GB with MP3 player built in.

i just have a zen touch which i have no trouble putting anything on, until one day my friend tried to put loads on that partition, and the information partition completely f*ck8dup and therefore i do not want to use warranty incase they bugger up everything, including the music....and hopefully there willl come a time when i can format that partition so no more badness can be done on it (pardon the terrible english, i ahve just finished some GCSE's and I am not in the mood to string sentences together...)

you mean something like this?

Posted Image

that exists, by the way, and is not a hoax. :rolleyes: forgot where i got it, but it's a novelty thumbdrive they are selling. still saving up some dough for one though. but i won't get that one above, it's just too freakish, like i have 6 fingers on one hand if i am caught holding it. :lol:

yes i do have a thumb drive .. it's also my mp3 player .. so essentially my mp3 player act like my thumb drive too .. it's a creative muvo 256mb .. i think thumb drive is not a new thing already .. and i think that it's a must ... as data can be stored more safely .. we do not have to worry about losing our data in the floppy disk age ... my floppy disk always got problem ... :rolleyes:

hi manthanks for asking.HELL yeah i do. who doesn't these days!????? :rolleyes::lol::( i have 2 of them. one is 128mb stick by kinston and teh other a dell one only 64mb - got for free though. they both very good and cheap.advice: u knwo these ones we talk about are all FLASH drives, that are a soft mempry chip different from a Hard drive (HD), these flash ones can get really really really expenisve as u get biger, liek a 4Gb one can cost u around $400-$500. But they are very fast and are nto like HD where u have phiscal wrting in the stick. a HD mini drive a kangeroo one is about 4Gb and is only $200 i want one of those for masive file transer, note though, its a mini HD so if u drop on the floor bye bye to all ur data for ever, unlike flash... like i said its not phisycal storage so its in chip and drop no matter, but if u have a power surge in ur home like thinderstorm with the key in the usb there is change ur usb get electricutied and geuss wat? bye bye to all ur data, btu if u had a HD one in when THE electic stormed happend it my fry it but your data is still al written on teh mini HD so its nice and safe. Those are teh major differences and advantage and disadvatage of a HD anf flash USB drives so buy what ever you want but please, i say buy the mini HD they are not to much bigger and relative speaking better and safer. u know. Kangeroo ones are very good quality and they are realativly expansive but teh best in mini HD. you say... why not just get a small formfacto 20gb hardrive, btu they are pockt rippers so you woundn't want have thouse around i your pocket would you. kangeroo teh bets in quallity;)tuirst me.yeah,tototot, party on deck in barcadi facotry,jmanjerry :(

yea ive got one too. its a PNY but its only 128mb, but ive had it for a long time. so until i start putting large image files (especially photoshop files) or music on it, i wont have to upgrade for awhile.these things are soo much more reliable than the old floppy disks. it used to be so bad when you are working on something and all of the sudden the floppy is corrupted and you cant open the stuff you saved. ive tried to take some of my old files off of my floppy disks but i cant becuase many are messed up. i am yet to have any problems whatsoever with my flash drive. its also nice to be able to have all of you files in one place, instead of forgetting which floppy you saved your project on.and another good thing about them is that the price is pretty cheap also. especially if you find ones with rebates or whatever you can get a really good deal.

ueah i have one got it from a friend when i was IRAQ use it when i need to thing is tweaking out on me though but as i see it going i preditc that the floppy drive will bea memory in the future

I have a Creative Nomad MuVo. It's only 64 MB, but that's almost all I need for now. It can also play mp3 and wma files. Since I can't get on the internet at my house, I use it so that I can use Firefox and some other programs anywhere. It was only $30, but it's still very useful. Much better and reliable than floppies, that's for sure.