xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neutrality

What Are Your Top 5 Songs Of All Time?

As the title suggests, what are <b>your</b> top 5 greatest songs of all time? Give the song titles, their group/artist, and explain briefly why you choose those songs. Here are my top 5 [ some of them you may recognize ]:1. Stairway to Heaven [ Led Zeppelin ] - The folk-like beginning and the awesome guitar riff at the end really make this my greatest song of all time2. Bohemian Rhapsody [ Queen ] - The catchiest 15 lines of any song in history. The greatest melancholy song of all time.3. Question [ The Moody Blues ] - Starts off with a heavy beat, then gracefully enters into a tranquil and melodious lullaby, and then back into a heavy beat once again. Plus the lyrics were cool and to-the-point.4. Run to the Hills [ Iron Maiden ] - Who would have thunk it? Cree history made interesting. What can I say?5. Hey Jude [ The Beatles ] - It's not really a favourite of mine, but since it was the second- most played song on radio behind Stairway to Heaven, I'll give credit where credit is due.So, what are your top 5? Remember, this is meant to be a subjective topic. :rolleyes:

I can't really name my top 5 songs of all time truthfully as they are constantly changing. However, these come pretty close.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the MachineThis was my favourite song for about two years. It's such a powerful song and the lyrics should win awards for being the most easily shoutable in the history of music. Make's me want to jump around and bang my head every time I hear it...without fail.2. First it Giveth - Queens of the Stone AgeI've been listening to this song constantly for the last six months and I'm still not sick of it. It's got to be the awesome driving verse riff. Sooo coool. The chorus is wicked to. Very singable.3. House of the Rising Sun - The AnimalsThat awesome grisly guitar underneath the psychadelic organ solos...soooo goooood!4. Imagine - John LennonThough I think the Beatles are one of the best bands ever, i think that this song that John Lennon did solo later surpasses everything they did. Greta lyrics, great artist, great song. Yes indeed.5. Venetian Twilight - Lottery QueenOne of the best bands the 21st century will ever see play one of the best songs the 21st cenrury will ever see. The lyrics are quite possibly the best ever written (or ad-libbed on the spot as some might say) and no other song will quite compare to this if you wan't to play an opener for a gig. The wailing falsetto of Dame Oswald the III mixed with the driving rythyms of Femina Symbolica on drums and gritty guitarwork of Saint Quinthorpe can't be beaten. It's pretty underground stuff but these guys are slowly making a name for themselves in the New Zealand circuit. Have a look at their label, Round n Round Records, I believe they have a website.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As I said they're always changing but these songs definitely spin my wheel consistently.Cheers,Pdrive.

Hm.... top 5 of all time? I dont really have a particular order, but:John Lennon - ImagineThis is great. I love the whole concept, and the sound of it. Its such a great song. And then after this song, you have to stop and imagine what the world would be like if it was like that. Talib Kweli - Get ByIts a song that most people can relate to. I do what I need to do, just to get by. And Kanye did a great job on the beat.The Who - Behind Blue EyesI like this song because I feel that no one knows how I feel. And I can relate to it. Thats a big thing for me. If I can relate to a song, I love it.John Legend - Ordinary People RemixI dont know about all time, but I love this song. NORE's rap is so real, "I'm an ordinary person, with ordinary problem". And the piano in this song is so amazing.Styles P - I'm BlackIt could be a lot better, but I like this song simply because everything he says I relate to. And the chorus is beautiful, "So proud to be just who I am". And I am. I wouldn't change a thing.That's what I'd say right now...

hmmm mi current top 5 are

----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Canon-D [Pachebel, but specially Banya's version]

i always loved this song, and when i heard it from banya's version at the Pump It Up i was totally in love with it, the rythm, the.. aahh, amazing!

2. Lilium [Elfen Lied Opening]

i love this latin lyrics, the parte when they say kyrie, ignis divine, eleison that means "oh lord, divine fire, have mercy" i totally love it! it's so melancholic!

3. Matando Memorias [Panda]

well this is an spanish song =P it means "killing memories", i like this song because it clearly explains a situation i was living a year ago and that i can't end of superate @@U

4. Don't Speak [No Doubt]

what i like about this song is the bpm that it has, and the lyrics... it's a really sad song

5. Helena [My Chemical Romance]

besides the song i liked the video, the living dead girl ballet coreography it's so awesome! i love how she tipped all the way in the hallway and the "what's the worst that i can say? things are better if i stay"

Okay..So you people want to know my top five songs. The question here is in which language :lol: , As i am India, i listen hindi and english both songs. Okay, let me give you my Topd 10 songs :( 5 hindi songs and 5 english songs :( Top 5 english songs:1-Every Night In My Dream (TITANIC-celine Deon)2-I Love You then I hate You...(Celine Deon duets)3-Hotel Callifornia4-To Love You More (Celine Deon)5-I just called to say I LUVE YOUNote: Did i mention that i am a great fan of Celine Deon :( Top 5 hindi Songs:1-Dekha ek khwab to yeh silsiley huye..2-Tere Mere sapne ab ek rang hai...3-Zindagi kaisi hai paheli haye...4-Tum Itna Jo Muskura rahe ho ...5-Tumko dekha to yeh khayal aaya..Thats It. :rolleyes:

My favorite songs as of now are (in no particular orderI:Stilettos by Crime Mob- For some reason it makes me feel better :rolleyes:Grind With Me by Pretty Rickey- This is a hip hop boy band who are really H-O-T! lolSpoiled by Joss Stone- I can relate to this song so much that is scares me.Cater 2 U by Destiny's Child- It mellow and mush and... a good song.We Belong Together by Mariah Carey- A very good song.

I like this question.

5: The The - This Is The Day: I love this song because it has a great message and is fun to move too, but isn't overly sappy. Also it was in Empire Records! "this is the day your life will surely change, this is the day when things fall into place"

4: Damien Jurado - Desert: It's sad and beautiful and fun to sing--a rare combination. "I have seen the brighter side of the roads that lead to hell"

3: Chalk - Change: Because in years and years I've never gotten sick of it and it's dark and weird and it inspires me to write. "all of trapped on a page...all of us caught in a cage"

2: James - Five-O: To my estimation, this is the most honest and realistic song dealing with love. "Every answer found, begs another question. The further you go, the less you know"

1: R.E.M. - Exhuming McCarthy: I think this song is the most perfect song ever recorded but it is not necessarily my favorite song. I just think they nailed the balance between entertainment and intelligence. I love this song. "buy jingo, buy america"

Lol oh dear... Well! These aren't in any specific order! Their feelings would get hurt if I had to choose one over the other lol...1: Don't Fear the Reaper (H.I.M.)Tis an awesome song. Instrumentals, vocals, everything! I heard the Blue Oyster Cult version and I fell in love with that, however, I'm loving the more modern sound of H.I.M.'s version.,2: Island In the Sun (Weezer) This is yet another awesome song. I hate to choose a favorite out of the Weezer collection, but this one takes the cake. A very fun guitar line, a happy, sunny feel. Its just one of them songs that makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside lol.3: Piano Man (Billy Joel)How can you not love this song! Yeah... thats all I got. I guess I kinda grew up listening to it a lot. My parents loved it and played it on the record player all the time. Its just a great song.4: Float On (Modest Mouse)Wow... you can't even describe this song. Its so weird and fun. Its quite random. I'll never forget the sheep in the music video. Its got catchy everything! Lyrics, Bassline, 2 guitar parts... I just have to smile when I hear it.5: The Joker (Steve Miller Band)Just personal memories and experiences I guess lol. "El Solo Guitarro!!!" (Note: None of you will have understood that last comment) Lol... Like I said, personal reasons..."Maurice!!!" Lol...k... Im done!

I've never been to sure about this but I'd have to say:Pantera - Cemetry Games- In the solo it suddenly goes double-time and it sounds so cool.Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell- So cool, but an annoying soloJudas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death- Can't knock it, it has 3 amazing solos! And when I watched 'em live they were just as good.Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)- I'm in a Metallica tribute band so I'm not even going to start to talk about Metallica because they're all gtreat songs. (Except for St. Anger album)Thunder - Love walked in- Not people know these people are but this is a gtreat song.I know I've done 5 but try thid:Does anyone know who 'GIRLSCHOOL' are?They sing stuff like Race with the Deil, Tonight, Not for Sale and theyare a very good, but little known band.