xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alive

Combat Experience A Walk On The Wild Side

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had taken part in any combat experiences. I have quite a few, I was going to talk about the thrill from high pressure paint balling but instead I just thought I'd mention a combat experience that I did with the A.C.F. We did a night exercise that meant heading up onto Saulsbury plains with our blank firing assault rifles and beating the opposing team. It was the most fun I think I have ever had. The thrill when you open up, with rounds popping away all over the place, the fact that your firing at a moveing target and once more - their firing back. It's got to be one of the most frightening but most amazing feelings there are. It was tough, but it was great fun and if anyone does get a chance to do anything like this I would strongly advise it. It's a once in a lifetime opertunity and I think if you get the chance then you should jump on it. If anyone else has had any similiar experiences then please do let me know. Thankyou for your time, Sean Webber (alive).

yeah, paintball's so combat...B-T: you should think about whether you really want to gain real life combat experience since it's not that funny anymore when your health depends on how well you do. Paintball is safe, very safe, if you and your mates don't do anything more stupid than shooting paint at each other (like taking off the glasses and stuff).I've been in some places where some people thought they'd have to get in trouble with the police (for a cause which I believe in, too, but with means I do not support). Yes, the adrenaline rush feels great but it's not that great to be in a non-violent mass which is being attacked with water, gloved fists, steel-plated boots, batons, rubber bullets and chemical weapons just because a few people think it's fun to throw bottles at cops. Luckily I always got out of those situations without being seriously injured yet (yep, better to run fast than being in the riot cops' way), but others were not that lucky or even risked being injured by holding their place...

Hey, Yeah I agree with u. Combat paintballing is amazing fun, but I never once considered real life combat to be good, big or fun. I know what it's like, and it's frightening. I think paintballing is soo cool because you can have the adreniline from shooting at the same time as knowing that your not going to loose your life. Thanks, Sean Webber. (alive)

...add another entry to my record: On Saturday we were attacked with tear gas [i didn't see why - all we did was yelling at the nazis on the next street, noone was throwing anything]; I got pepper sprayed [while me and some other people tried to break through a police line] and a bavarian robo cop stepped on my left leg while we were lying on the street even though there was some clear space right behind me where he could've run through just as well :/

well i was in iraq and i so no fun in it at all except when i was hanging out with the iraqis that were working with me.but paint ball that is totally killer took a couple shots in the back of my head and some close ranged ones as well and do they hurt.