xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

My Most Recent Work! I just completed this stuff

Heyoooo, I just learned some cool stuff from green fairy, and I tryed it out! Here's some stuff I came up with.

Picture Number 1

Posted Image

Picture Number 2

Posted Image

Picture Number 3

Posted Image

Picture Number 4

Posted Image

Picture Number 5

Posted Image

All made today, give your thoughts please!

Note: You may use these pictures for signates "Exepct the one with my name, and picture 3, these 2 are NOT to be used. Others you may use but please don't claim credit for em.

Thanks!

Well, for a beginner, surely not bad :PNext time, try to blend that plastic wrap filter out more so it 'erases' parts of the filter, many, many people are familiar with photoshop, and they all can see you used plastic wrap.., just try by doing more layers, start your layers small(meaning not too much effects/brushing per layer) and slowly build it up, it gives that great 'deep look' wich looks way more professional :(what you could try with one of these pics, is either use gaussian blur(blur>guassian blur) and blur it a bit, you can also try a wind effect (stylize>wind), i think it would add some good effects to it.Also try to choose and blend the font better, it looks...as it was placed on it with ducktape ;)Do keep trying, because you seem to pick up things quick :PP.S. Love the style too

Well, for a beginner, surely not bad :P

Next time, try to blend that plastic wrap filter out more so it 'erases' parts of the filter, many, many people are familiar with photoshop, and they all can see you used plastic wrap.., just try by doing more layers, start your layers small(meaning not too much effects/brushing per layer) and slowly build it up, it gives that great 'deep look' wich looks way more professional :P

Also try to choose and blend the font better, it looks...as it was placed on it with ducktape :(

P.S. Love the style too

153401[/snapback]

Course, I'd do that, if I knew how *cough* I used plastic wrap becuz that's what I'm learning how to do, I've been following green fairies tutorials but the things you mentions aren't tought in them.

I've love to try em though.

Thanks for your comment

HmmZ pretty much nailed it. Try for some more colour contrasts and stuff also. A popular filter which is commonly used for background is clouds... so go Filter > Render > Clouds. What you get is quite easy to change and manipulate to suit your purposes.Gradients are good for colour variation also, so perhaps give them a try.

A popular filter which is commonly used for background is clouds... so go Filter > Render > Clouds. What you get is quite easy to change and manipulate to suit your purposes.

Gradients are good for colour variation also, so perhaps give them a try.

153415[/snapback]

Those images are basically 100% clouds. I just Liquifide them. And if you remember, these are my first photoshop pieces of work, so I'm not sure how to do Gradients. I just made a new one, I did what HmmZ said and added more layers. This one is made of about 4 layers.

Posted Image

Comments?

Seems like you're just following tutorials, which is good, but try to get a little more familiar with Photoshop, so instead of just mimicing tutorials, you can modify the techniques you learn from them and add in some of your own flavor to produce a better looking sig.I just recently was playing around in Photoshop, and learned how to do some interesting vector shapes, so I added those to my previous knowledge and my sigs are even better (like the one in my sig, or Cool Freakers, or HmmZ. I made all those.). It's about bringing more to the table, not just taking what's already there.But, that said, nice attempts for a beginner. Keep trying.

Seems like you're just following tutorials

But, that said, nice attempts for a beginner. Keep trying.

153435[/snapback]

Alright...I know I'm following tutorials, but if I don't know anything about it, just messing with it isn't ganna get me anywhere. I need a place to start, and tutorials seem good to me.

Thanks for your comment, just please remember, I'm not as good as you guys, I'm just starting. Hence I need a place to start AT.

Thanks for your comment, just please remember, I'm not as good as you guys, I'm just starting. Hence I need a place to start AT.

153438[/snapback]

There isnt really such a things as being good at photoshop, basicly anyone with some spare time and a good eye for graphics could make great things with it, if he knows how to use the renders, effects, tools etc. I dont really have an eye for graphics, hence whetever I try what comes out usally isn't as nice as I wanted it to be ...

not to abd now do some brush if possible with the plastic wrap maybe a render or 2 and some text you shold be fine

I think following tutorials and playing with filters is a stage that everyone goes through when they just start using Photoshop. At least, I know a few people, including me, that did. What Johnny said was good advice. Read tutorials, but build on top of them to receive a unique result. I'd say, if you're going to use plastic wrap, lower the intensity a bit :rolleyes: Also try to blend in the text and I think you would have a decent sig to show off.

I've been messing around some more with photoshop. I've gotten some pretty cool results;

Practice9

Posted Image

I added gradients, wind effects and blending to my text. I'm not sure if the text looks correct yet, I'm still trying to work with that. I know "Pure Ownage" is hard to read, I made it like that, so it doesn't "stick out" to much.

Comments?

change the text that is clashing and clashing badly go with 2 colors and that should work

I've been messing around some more with photoshop. I've gotten some pretty cool results;

Practice9

Posted Image

I added gradients, wind effects and blending to my text. I'm not sure if the text looks correct yet, I'm still trying to work with that. I know "Pure Ownage" is hard to read, I made it like that, so it doesn't "stick out" to much.

Comments?

153601[/snapback]

Looks a little better, just maybe a little dark...i'm not sure if there's more there, but I definitely can't see much.

And about before, I know you need someplace to start. Everyone does. I did. I started off very similarly, actually. Just accumulate techniques, and more importantly, accumulate knowledge about Photoshop. Photoshop itself is a VERY complex program. The more you know how to do with it, the better stuff you can -produce- with it, you know?

Anyway, keep trying. You'll get better with time, I guarantee it.

change the text that is clashing and clashing badly go with 2 colors and that should work

153608[/snapback]

Ok, so change the colors, got ya. Where can I find some better fonts? I have a ton but they don't go with anything, they're really bad. Should I just get rid of em all and get new ones? And where?

Anyway, keep trying. You'll get better with time, I guarantee it.

Thanks :rolleyes: I'm trying new things, I really need to learn how to blend text more efficiatly. My text looks all, bleh. Thiink you can help me please :lol:?

Well, it's certainly an interesting effect you got with all those filters :rolleyes:Try a border, and with the text, don't outerglow so much. Maybe change the colour of the glow, or change the size. Right now it looks too "default" like :lol: