xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
green fairy

Cool Blue And Greyscale Effects On Images Simple Tutorial In Photoshop

In this extremely simple tutorial I will show you how to add a cool blueish effect to your images:

Here's the photo I will use:

Posted Image

1) In the layer window, click the half blue, half white circle button at the bottom.

Posted Image

2) Pick the channel mixer from the menu.

3) In the popup window, mark the box for Monochrome. A new layer will appear.

4) Change the blend mode to lighten in the new layer:

Posted Image

That's all. You're done!

Here's my final result:

Posted Image

Wow, that was really short and nice. It sure does provide an overall soothing effect to the image. Although, what I'd like to know is if this "blueish" effect would be implemented on any type of image? I mean even if it has more overall red in the image than blue?

Wow, that was really short and nice. It sure does provide an overall soothing effect to the image. Although, what I'd like to know is if this "blueish" effect would be implemented on any type of image? I mean even if it has more overall red in the image than blue?

153059[/snapback]

I'm pretty shore this would give an overall "blueish" effect on mostly any type of image. If the image is very red, it will at least tune that down a bit. I think this effect looks best on images where you can see a bit of sky. You should probably try it on an image that already has some blue in it (like the sky), and perhaps with some green trees. These are the colours that tend to become most visiable I think, which makes it look kind of cool together with the other colour that seem to become more grayish :P

it looks more greyish but suggestion though CTRL+U will even be more helpful with it