xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
theconman

Is It Insecurity? Or Just Plain Stupidity?

I'm sick of so many pretty girls not believing that they're pretty. They're like 'oh... im not good looking... dont lie...' WAKE UP!And I also cant stand the fugly girls who just wont accept that they're overweight and covered in acne.This is such a sick and twisted world that we live in...

Yup, I agree. It's really a challenge to understand what runs through the minds of women/girls who do this. Please don't flame me or anything, but I think that is a method to attract the person of the opposite sex; primarily because they don't do this in front of other girls (or probably I don't know). I really think that when a guy actually complements a girl by telling her that she is pretty; she should accept it and not let the whole thing down by declaring that "she isn't". Really bothers me as well.

No I feel you. Like I think its because they're just dying for compliments. So they say that they're ugly, expecting guys to shower them with compliments. They probably are trying to attract guys or whatever, but it doesnt work. I'm sick to hell with girls like this.I know this one girl, shes hot as anything, she's actually a model, but doesn't think she's good looking. What? How does that work? I know so many girls like this, that I just gave up. I'm not playing games anymore, so I've started to just agree with them. "Oh, I'm fat, I wish I could lose weight" "yeah... you should cut back on those krispy kremes"But I have the feeling thats not gonna help me get some p___y...Oh well...

No I feel you. Like I think its because they're just dying for compliments. So they say that they're ugly, expecting guys to shower them with compliments. They probably are trying to attract guys or whatever, but it doesnt work. I'm sick to hell with girls like this.

I know this one girl, shes hot as anything, she's actually a model, but doesn't think she's good looking. What? How does that work? I know so many girls like this, that I just gave up. I'm not playing games anymore, so I've started to just agree with them. "Oh, I'm fat, I wish I could lose weight" "yeah... you should cut back on those krispy kremes"

But I have the feeling thats not gonna help me get some p___y...

Oh well...

153103[/snapback]

Thats SOOOOOOO true!

I think it has become socially acceptable for us especially women to pick ourselves apart. We say "oh Im fat" " I cant eat another bite" "I hate my hair, lips, hips everything!" Every commercial, television show and magazine tells us that we are not ok every single day. We need to be thin to be liked, popular, have the best shoes, clothes purses makeup hair. Women are bombarded with these notions from day one. Its subliminal. It takes a strong person to fight through all the nonesense and build their self esteem. Im still working on mine. The problem seems to be worse with young girls, their hormones, the pressures from school and family. Im a large woman or BBW(big beautiful woman)and gorgeous at that but it took me many years of hearing fatty and fatso and other cruel things before I could accept the fact that I am ok just the way I am. I am happy that plus size models are more visable in the media such as Queen Latifah and Toccora from Americas Next Top Model season 2. however I was sad to see they gave her a hard time knowing she is a BBW. If you want their attitudes to change you'll have to start with the source. Its going to take a while. If she asks you if you look fat in those jeans say ya fat with a capital P-H-A-T :rolleyes:

I think women are constantly faced with commercials that attacks their self-esteemed. Are you overweight.. Do you know ths diet program.. Is your skin a mess.. Do you have dry skin? Do your feet have corns? Fight wrinkles.. Everytime I turn on the television there's a commercial like the one I listed above that tells women they are not perfect. What does it take from us to tell them they look good once a day. Just say, "You have a beautiful smile", "Your skin is so soft" or "I think your hair is great." Just say something that could lift up their spirits. As men we are not faced or even worried much about our looks as women are.. The closet commercial I see for us is: "Buy this new shaver" ..."These boxers are comfortable".."Yes I have herpes but this medicine is great".. That's basically it. Just drop a compliment.. What can it hurt?

Actually... Men face similiar things too. Its just that less men are concerned with it. In razor or boxer commercials the men are always buff and muscular. Media sends out the message that thin women and muscular men are attractive. But yes, most men are less concerned with all that.

well it all in the dna you cannot blame nature for producing the hot looking ladies and the fugly ones

the pretty girls are just wanting people to say "no, you're really pretty! Really! Why would you think you're ugly?"and the not-so-pretty girls are just in denial. You know... if you don't say it, it can't be true. admitting it means accepting it etc etc.

I think it has become socially acceptable for us especially women to pick ourselves apart. We say "oh Im fat" " I cant eat another bite" "I hate my hair, lips, hips everything!" Every commercial, television show and magazine tells us that we are not ok every single day.  We need to be thin to be liked, popular, have the best shoes, clothes purses makeup hair. Women are bombarded with these notions from day one. Its subliminal. It takes a strong person to fight through all the nonesense and build their self esteem. Im still working on mine. The problem seems to be worse with young girls, their hormones, the pressures from school and family. Im a large woman or BBW(big beautiful woman)and gorgeous at that but it took me many years of hearing fatty and fatso and other cruel things before I could accept the fact that I am ok just the way I am. I am happy that plus size models are more visable in the media such as Queen Latifah and Toccora from Americas Next Top Model season 2. however I was sad to see they gave her a hard time knowing she is a BBW. If you want their attitudes to change you'll have to start with the source. Its going to take a while. If she asks you if you look fat in those jeans say ya fat with a capital P-H-A-T  :rolleyes:

154250[/snapback]

Both hands up... !

I'm on your side...

I do think our society has become obsessed with the outward appearance and how pleasing things are to our eyes. Advertisements of all sizes and shapes appeal to our eyes and tell us to succumb instantly to that which appeals to our physical senses.I think the world needs a wake up call to the things which are really important. Maybe people would treat those around them better if they realized true beauty lies in the nature of a person. A humble spirit, modesty, compassion for others, gentleness, kindness, honesty, innocence, devotion, and perhaps a blending of some of the aforementioned which for lack of a better term I would call being "sweet" are all very attractive qualities in a person. However, our society no longer reflects on these things and for the sake of advertising would just as soon we didn't reflect on them.So many people are inwardly seeking a person with the above qualities but then try to "catch" the person they are thinking of through physical means. If you try to catch a person through physical means, guess what kind of person you'll get? A physical person... One who focuses on the physical and is only interested in what pleasure your physical being or belongings will bring them. So many people find this exact scenario and when their mate sees no more pleasure physically to be attained from them... just leaves, because that's all they were ever sticking around for in the first place.