xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
c3nar1us

Playing Roms Online PLEASE HELP

My friends and I all enjoy classic console video games. We all have several emulators and ROMS from various consoles. My question is does anyone know of a way to play the multiplayer games from our collections over the internet? For instance if I wanted to play one of my friends in a game of Archon for the NES, how could we go about setting that up? I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this post, but couldn't figure out where else to post this question.I can't be the only person out there who wants to do this. I assume that my friend and I would have to establish a connection through our IP addresses and both have the same emulator and ROM installed on our system. The only tricky part I would think would be making it so the ROM accepted input from both systems. I know in most online PC games one player would "host" a game and the other would connect to it. Any ideas on how to host a game of "Super Mario Brothers" (or Perfect Dark, which is what I'm really gunning for) from a ROM file?I wouldn't consider myself to be a tech noob per se, but in this area I'm a little lost. Would this require some sort of mod or custom written software to do or does someone out there know of a program that would do the "hosting" for you? I have come here as a last resort. I've searched Google, etc. etc. and am only finding outdated sites filled with spyware, nothing helpful, so posting "Try Google" is not really going to help me

nope i don't think its possible even if they were multiplayer games it won't work sorry

yeah i dont think it will either, tho it would be really friken fun tho lol... i love perfect dark.. that game was pimp..