xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

My New Sig

People didn't like my last sig so I decided to create a new one...

Posted Image

It's designed primarily for ipbgaming hence the different username but I decided to put it up for review here. I also have a non-animated version of the sig if anyone wants to see that.

wow i didn't see your first sig but your second one is really good.I like the way you used the orange, and the thunderstorm effect is awesome. Good work. :PYou did it in photoshop and imageready? or in fireworks?Overall you did very well though they are 2 major problems i can see:1- The signature size is too big. It's too much for a forum signature. The best size would be like 500 x 150, though you can always change it to suit your needs.2- Your name on the sig is blending too much on the orange. You should neither change the color or give it a background shadow, so it's easier to see. :PWell keep up the good job. :(

That is a great sig cmatcmextra. The lightning animation looks very realistic and effective. I agree with eXtreme that your name blends in too much with the background. I also think that a border would look good, but thats just my opinion. Good work and I look forward to more in the future :P

I've decreased the size of the image and made the text stand out:

Posted Image

wow i didn't see your first sig but your second one is really good.

Thanks :P My first sig is over here (http://forums.xisto.com/topic/22528-my-first-sig-that-ive-created/) It's not as good as this one.

You did it in photoshop and imageready? or in fireworks?

Neither. I did it in Paint Shop Pro 9

Thanks for the replies for far. Keep them coming :P

Not bad, though 244kb is quite big considering the simple animation. If you look up some tutorials, I'm sure there's ways to have several bolts of lightning come down at different times giving it a more random feel.I would recommend a border - it can be simply a 1 px black line, but it helps to define the edges, and gives it more of a finished look. Try some fancier fonts also, if you don't have any go to Dafont. Perhaps make the lightning bigger, or get a render in there to fill in the space, as the background itself doesn't have enough contrast to stand on its own without another feature. Good work though, it has definitely improved greatly :P

Guest mstewart1

i dint see ur first 1 either, but its a great sig!(btw wot did u use 2 make it??)well done tho!:(:);):):o:P:P:P:P

Not bad, though 244kb is quite big considering the simple animation. If you look up some tutorials, I'm sure there's ways to have several bolts of lightning come down at different times giving it a more random feel.

I would recommend a border - it can be simply a 1 px black line, but it helps to define the edges, and gives it more of a finished look. Try some fancier fonts also, if you don't have any go to Dafont. Perhaps make the lightning bigger, or get a render in there to fill in the space, as the background itself doesn't have enough contrast to stand on its own without another feature. Good work though, it has definitely improved greatly :P

152877[/snapback]

What he said, and choose better colors. A dark black and blue sig would work much more nicely with lightning bolts than FIRE. :P

Here's the new sig...

Posted Image

Not bad, though 244kb is quite big considering the simple animation.

I've shortened the size now down to 200kb. I'll try and make it smaller.

I would recommend a border - it can be simply a 1 px black line, but it helps to define the edges, and gives it more of a finished look.

I've added a 2px blue line round all the edges

What he said, and choose better colors. A dark black and blue sig would work much more nicely with lightning bolts than FIRE. :P

152986[/snapback]

I've inverted the colours so everything is blue and green.

--------------------------

I think it looks better now. Thanks for your thoughts. Keep them coming :P

it seems that the animation is not only affecting the lightning part. it looks like the entire top half kind of vibrates with the animation. try to see if you can get only the lightning. also, see if you could make a few different lightning bolts to flash instead of just one. make them replace each other in the animation. this way it will have a bit more variety instead of just a bolt that kind of flashes.

Hm....a little better mat, but I'd say avoid animation at this stage in the game. Even I don't think my animation is up to par, so I usually avoid it...

I say that blue one's animation is too rapid....I say slow it down a little...and it does seem to cause a little distortion on the whole sig itself...