xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wariorpk

Downside To Microsoft Antispy Beta You Cant Use It In Less Than A Month

I'm sure most people don't read the license agreements but I do to make sure I know what I'm agreeing to. I noticed that Antispyware can't be used on June 31, 2005. I think that what will happen is they will find out bugs from us and make a commerical version by fixing bugs we found on free software. Anyway I'll find a different spyware killer.

I haven't downloaded Microsoft's Anti Spyware program for two reasons: 1) I don't trust Microsoft to block unused ports etc and 2) I have Norton 2004 and it is fine. I believe that what you are saying may well be true. Microsoft is trying to create a version of every piece of software on the market. The only thing they lack is image editing software. Next month a "security update" will come out rendering all other antivirus software useless and incompatible with Windows, and everyone will go out any buy Microsoft Anti Spyware and Antivirus for... ?75? Or Microsoft could keep it free... there's always a first.

I think they're planning to make other beta versions. If you have installed it, in the title bar it says Microsoft Antispyware (Beta1). If you were only planning to make 1 beta you'd just call it Microsoft Antispyware (Beta).

But they will still try and make money out of the completed version...

Next month a "security update" will come out rendering all other antivirus software useless and incompatible with Windows, and everyone will go out any buy Microsoft Anti Spyware and Antivirus for... ?75? Or Microsoft could keep it free... there's always a first.

152290[/snapback]

Are you serious that security update is comming out!? I am not going to buy Microsoft's security software because just like Windows its going to have security holes and bugs. Also, your right Microsoft may forget about money for once but I highly doubt it, but if they do I'll try their anti spyware software to see if it works.

Microsoft are bunch of people who only cares about the money. Lack of quality in products to make money. Anyways, it's ironic to not find any antispy ware detecting that Windows XP is a spyware :Pxboxrulz

Microsoft Anti-spyware is actually quite amazing. Not surprising, seeing as it wasn't coded my Microsoft itself, but was instead purchased from a smaller company. Personally, I've never used it much. I installed it about a couple months ago but haven't bothered using it, and eventually uninstalled it. The main Anti-Spyware software that I use, is "Spybot Search & Destroy". I highly recomment it over any other alternative you have come across.

Most of the benefits I've seen include,

It has an amazing interface,

It is very easy to use,

Has an extensive collection of optimizations and tweaks to prevent spyware from installing in the first-place,

Updated frequently,

and you can set it to protect your computer in real time, kind of like Norton Antivirus

It's a very advanced Anti-Spyware suite that I believe should be used by everyone that wants one. I highly recommend it.

If you want to know more, go here: https://www.safer-networking.org/

They bought it from another company that doesn't surprise me at all. That is the history of Microsoft taking other people's ideas and making a profit off of them. It really gets me mad sometimes they are rich and can't make their own bug free products. Also I use Spybot Search and Destroy it really is the best there is when it comes to getting rid of spyware.

Well.. at least Microsoft Antispyware works (to some extent.. lol)My computer keeps getting adwares and such. And there's one thing that takes over my google so that all my search results come out as ads... I used the program and it does a good job of fixing that problem... but my google kepts getting taken over again and again.. So.. it only fixes the problem temporarily...But yeah... I'll try that SpyBot Search and Destroy~hopefully it'll fix my problem pernamently.. lol

yeah anti spyware is doing its job as a program funny how that is HAHAHAHAHAbut alas microsoft is about money so when it don't work time to delete the program BOYUKA