xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Warcraft 3 On Lan How to configure on a Linksys Router

Hi dudes...I've Warcraft 3 installed to my PC and I wanna play a game with a friend over the internet...We'll be connecting via the Direct Connection method whereby the host IP address will be given to the connecting client to start the connection.I'm behind a Linksys router and I'm pretty sure that I will need to configure the router to forward port numbers used by Warcraft 3 to my computer...And here's my question, how can I do that?I will really appreciate step-by-step methods...Thanks in advance...

Access your router by going to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and fill out the user:pass fields that you set...

1) Get the port numbers neccesary to be opened for the game (Can be found on the blizzard faqs/forums)

2) Forward dem ports on the forwarding setup page of your router (Of course your LAN IP[your PC on the lan] has to be filled in too).

3) Setup server and play.

If this didn't work, play with the forwarding or either put your PC on DMZ mode through the router (Careful with this option, only use it as a last resort and turn it off after it served its use!)

Yeah... It finally worked...I've forward a range of port to my computer...In the blizzard forums, it stated only port 6112...But I've tried 6112 ~ 6120 and it worked...Thanks anyway...

My friend pla World of Warcraft on local server :( And he got so many errors at day... :lol: And so many options is not working ... :( But game looks beautyful, world so bright :( But it needs to make work most things there! :rolleyes:

i've got a problem with my dota LAN.i always play with my friends using local area network, then recently, when i click on it, a reply popped up 'cannot connect to network'.i solved it once by going to the firewall, then exceptions to allow access to war3.exethings worked out fine for a few days, then the same thing happened..i did the exact same thing i did the 1st time but i didnt seem to work agn.. Anyone knows the problem and how to fix it??