xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alive

Adreniline ... My Karate Grading

Hi, For those of you out there that have already experienced Karate then you'll understand what it feels like, but for the rest of you it's a whole lot different. The day that will stay for me until the day I die, well the word that will stick with me is 1st Dan. I had been studying with my Karate Club preparing to take my grading for the past six months, and I had been training at my club for the last couple of years. I suppose that as soon as you get your black that's it, you've done it, but getting it is no easy job. Your sat down against the wall in your club hall waiting, and then after a couple of hours training one of the top guys from the K.U.G.B (Karate Union Of Great Britain) will call your name, that's when the adreniline kicks in. You know that the next couple of minutes will make the difference between a Black Belt and a Brown Double White Stripe. I am commited to Karate, just as I am to my Judo. I couldn't here a thing, everything seemed to fade out and then all I could really hear (although I suppose it was just me focusing) was the Sensa calling the moves that we had to preform. I don't know why I'm telling you guys it, I just though that I would. If there's any other guys out there that do Karate ( or come to that any martial art) then you will understand what it is like. I suppose I just want people to start thinking - oh - that guys only a white belt, because one day he will be a black belt. It just takes time. After one training session you will have a slight edge over your opponent, every second makes a difference. I would like to here from anyone else about Martial Arts gradings please - I also grade in Judo so I know what it feels like. Thankyou for your time, Sean Webber (Alive).

Hi, Ok, so this topic has been here for absouloutley ages without any replies or anything, so I guess not that many peeps follow martial arts. I have a karate grading for my 5th kyu purple belt in a week and I really want to know if anyone else does any martial art or has ever graded with a martial art... Thanks. Sean.

yep, Judo's Japanese, too ... I (19) only did my yellow/white-belt in Judo together with a bunch of children (10+) a couple of weeks ago and rolling over's not that hard :)and congratulations to your black belt :)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as per request.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hey, I my self have had plenty of experience in Karate, but I haven't quite got to my 1st Dan yet, I am currently a 5th Kyu in Shotokan Karate, although I have also tried Kodokan Judo and several other martial arts. I really want to get into Judo like you did, and I wanna congratulate you on your achievement in Judo. Although I am not a first dan black belt, I have achieved a life changing path, I have found my self I feel and now that I am getting to higher ranks I feel that I am on a journey. I have recently read a book by a great Karate master, and I am reading his wisedom and obsorbing it. I am also taking up Reiki. I know what you mean by the adreniline, I was a green belt (6th Kyu) only a couple of weeks back, and whats more is that I had a temporary grade. I was worried I wouldn't even get a temporary 5th Kyu (Purple Belt) but instead I got a full purple belt, that's a belt and one half. Like I said, it's not quite first dan but I am really proud of it. I also had that insane adreniline rush that kept me going, but as soon as I was up there I was completely focused and not atall nervous. I got see the Sensei (that was an amazing guy) watching me more than the younger children around me, so I gave it everything I have. Like I said, I am a very deep person and believe very strongly in mind of matter, so he was impressed by that I think. I think it's all fantastic, although I get really, really nervous before gradings and sometimes I don't feel like training I will not give it up, because I feel that it is my mission to get my first dan black belt. I am scheduled to get it in about two years if all goes well, but as I'm sure you more than aware of you can't but a time on something like Karate. Anyway - thankyou for your time, Achieve! :ph34r: