xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inty

Has anyone listened to American Idiot? The new Green Day Alblum

If you have, do you like or dislike it? And what are your thoughts on how the band has changed over the years?I personally like the new alblum, albeit different from their previous releases, it was still great to hear them again. They may have slowed down a bit over the years, but when you like a band for a while, you seem to adapt to whatever they release. It's nothing like Dookie or Kerplunk, but it still holds it's own as a Green Day classic. That's my opinion anyways...

I saw one of their interviews on mtv... one of the guys said that he hasn't read the bible, but the album has biblical references, etc. I'm just like huh? These 2 statements just doesn't go together...

Acually, in the alblum, they have references to the "Jesus of Suburbia". This is not a biblical reference. The Jesus of Suburbia is a reference to the bands ideal of an average stereotypical semi-outcasted American suburban dweller, that is all too common nowadays. Hence the alblum title "American Idiot". At least that's how I interpreted the alblum and it's lyrics. :)