xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clouds421

phpbb bandwidth? about how much?

It's my first time running a board. After installing it, the size comes about 20mb, and so far only expecting 10-20 visitors a day, not really expected to grow much maybe up to 40 visitors a day at the most. I haven't put up my site yet, but want put a gallery in there. The thing is I don't want to run into any trouble such w/ exceeding bandwidth 'cause the forum's more important. So how much bandwidth am I looking at for the board?

ok what you have to do is go to the folder on your ftp account where the forum is then go on images then go on avatars then gallery then creat a folderin there called pictures and place all of your pictures in there and they they will all come on the site :)need any more help just ask.Mick

hehehe? mobile, clouds is asking for bandwidth :) forums don't take upmuch bandwidth as all scripts are processed on the server side (if you'reusing PHP), and only the output gets sent to the client side. you wouldbe safe with 500MB bandwidth a month if it's just the forums. even if theforums is as active as Xisto. :)but if you have bandwidth extensive sections in your site (like downloadsand other stuff), your bandwidth usage will depend on how much yourvisitors utilize those sections. there's no clear way to determine that, aseverything depends on daily fluctuating factors.

Doesn't it depend also on how many images,,etc are in the forums for page loads, or if you allow the posting of images. You shoudnt have any trouble but if u do u could just restrict the images tags for users.