xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

How To Resize/host Images! Very easy to understand

For the tutorial I'm ganna be using IrfanVeiw. It's a freeware image program which you can use to resize and add effect to image, and a lot more ofcourse. If you don't have IrfanVeiw you can get it from download.com or anyother download site.

How to resize images:

First you gatta open Irfanveiw...gee, how obvious.
First, open the picture you wish to resize.
Second, click the tab that says "Image"
-=Example=-
Third, click "Resize/Resample
-=Example=-
Finaly, set the Height and Width of the picture to what you want, make sure you have "Set New Size" and "Pixels" selected.
-=Example=-
Click "Ok"

Once you click Click File>Save, you'll br prompted whether or not you wish to keep the current file type(e.x. .bmp) or change it. If you wish to host it it's best to change the extention to .gif or .jpg, it makes the file a whole lot smaller.

Congratz! You just resized and image!!

How to host images
Go to

PhotoBucket(TOTALY FREE!)

Once your logged in insert the path to your picture in the "Upload" box.
(Example: C:/Desktop/Img+Img Editors/Owned.Gif) and click "Submit"

PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to upload more then 1 image, you can click "Upload Multiple Images" and select a number, up to 19. *Warning* The more pictures you upload the longer it will take for the page to load!

You should see 3 spaces under the picture(s) you just submited, they look like this;
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Which is just a blank link, nothing else..
<.img>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; - Which is your picture in JavaScript format, for banners and such.
[.img]http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/- For posting on websites like this! You won't see the link, you'll just see the pictures.

Click one of those, and it will automatically select all the text for you, copy/paste it to wherever you want!

And that concludes my tutorial, I hope this helps you all!

hey thx much buddy..i think your tutorial really helped me...hey do u have a website in here already????did you make one..i want to check it out so i can get an idea on how to make a website...i got my thing activated but all i can do is use the webspace :P im so confused hahahaha.anyways you think you can help me????thx again peace

it can be off topic but when you are talking bout Infan View software, i would like to add one tip which is "press B key" for batch conversion(all image formats interchangable)! Sometime you may not need to resize to reduce the image size unless if you particularly needed to specify the size.. during batch conversion, you can have a option to set the image properties to downgrade the image size.. and Batch conversion in Infan View is the best and ever fastest image processing for hundred of photos. try out...:P

it can be off topic but when you are talking bout Infan View software, i would like to add one tip which is "press B key" for batch conversion(all image formats interchangable)! Sometime you may not need to resize to reduce the image size unless if you particularly needed to specify the size.. during batch conversion, you can have a option to set the image properties to downgrade the image size.. and Batch conversion in Infan View is the best and ever fastest image processing for hundred of photos. try out...

:P

152139[/snapback]

Thanks for pointing that out! Exept this tutorial is for Resizeing to specific sizes, like on this website your sig has to be like 200x155, I'm showing people how to change it.

About the website thing, um, I believe you need to upload some scripts into a FTP client. Xisto offers FTP support don't they? Sorry I couldn't help out more, I'm not exactaly here for the hosting service, I just like to help people out.

Here are some linkage that could help you;

How to Open Your FTP

Domains and Settings

I didn't write ANY of these, they're written by other people, and posted in the support forum on this website.

Downloading WS_FTP Pro

WS_FTP Pro Located here!

Make sure you fill out the form COMPLETLY so you get the best results, it only lasts 30 days but after that I suggest you use FireFTP.

Using FireFTP

FireFTP is a program created by the people who run Mozilla FireFox. FireFTP is an In-Browser FTP Client. It's used the same way as WS_FTP, but a little bit less complex.

Downloading FireFTP

First you must have Mozilla FireFox.

Next click "Tools" on the status bar, and look for an item that says "Extensions", click it.

You should see a few exenstions there, but you'll also see "FireFTP", download it.

Running FireFTP

Click "Tools" and look for "FireFTP", click it. It works the same way as WS_FTP so setup is the same. This is free and it never expires. Go for it!

a goog little tutorial that you have here kubi, especially for some of the noobs..i had someone ask me the other day how to resize an image, and if i had known this was here i would have re=directed them here *sigh* so i had to explain it to them..it took a while..but i wish i had this >_< lol

It is a great tutorial for newbies. But I can resize images in Photoshop. Maybe in Infaveiw it has better quality when you resize it. I really do not know what infaveiw is lol. Can someone gimme a link??

you can host images onhttp://shrani.najdi.si/ (slovenian host)
or
http://www.imageshack.us/ (english host)

A little off topic...but thanks, and I gave links for image hosts 0.0

It is a great tutorial for newbies. But I can resize images in Photoshop. Maybe in Infaveiw it has better quality when you resize it. I really do not know what infaveiw is lol. Can someone gimme a link??

If you look at the day I wrote this tutorial, it was almost a year ago, I didn't know how to use photoshop then :). I think I gave a link for IfranView, but if you know how to use photoshop this is obsolete.

hey kubi does this program also reduce file size but still keep the same size and all that junk?

It could, I'm not sure. I don't use it anymore now that I have photoshop.

heh i dont need to download another program just to resize an image....all i do is open up paint which should already be installed into your computer and change the actual picture by using the stretch feature to make it smaller or save the picture into a diff format that compresses it more