xisto Community
wariorpk

Problem Typing In Firefox 1.0.4 The Cursor Moves Back Randomly

I have a problem typing in Fire Fox 1.0.4 sometimes the cursor moves back one space for no reason at random. In fact right now its fine and before it was moving back all the time was this just a glitch or is there something I need to fix?

I am using 1.0.4 and am not having any issues.Are you using a Laptop with a touchpad?I find that when I use my laptop and typing my palm touches the touchpad and moves the cursor for me.If this is the case you can disable the touchpad click and see if this resolves your issue.

I have a problem typing in Fire Fox 1.0.4 sometimes the cursor moves back one space for no reason at random. In fact right now its fine and before it was moving back all the time was this just a glitch or is there something I need to fix?

151715[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure those are just random bugs. Firefox has a tendency to do really random things and sometimes screw-up completely to the point that there's no other solution than to close the browser and open it up again.

For me, the bug that happens the most would be when I'm highliting something on a web-website (including typed text), and then click to stop the highlight, it doesn't go away until I re-highlite the specific section and un-click it again.

Sometimes the address-bar doesn't take my input aswell. Or on occation when you close and re-open the browser, all your bookmarks are erased.

I still think it's better than IE. It's slowly fixing this bugs. You just need to patience and tolerance. Submit these bugs to Mozilla.

Hey there all! I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd bump it because I'm having the same issue of random cursor jumping in firefox. Anyone seem to have any problems/solutions with this since last June?Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem. In fact I couldn't even register for this forum without closing out of Mozilla and opening it up again because it was doing the same thing in the fields of the registration form. That would have been okay (because I can compensate by pressing the right arrow key with each letter) but for the fact that my "@" key kept typing " instead of @ so I couldn't type my email address. I tried all of the symbol keys and they seemed to be normal. Just that one key wouldn't work and no other key would type an "@" either. I thought this strange also because even though the cursor keeps moving back in the address field, normally the fields on the web pages themselves are okay. Just this one instance trying to register for the forum it wasn't. I'm very relieved this is just a mozilla problem & that it resolves itself on closing and reopening. At first I thought it was a virus.