xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

My Pop Out Sig cant get the tranparency to work

this is my pop out sig but the transparency is not working how do i fix that?

Posted Image

so jpg format will not save the transperancy hmmm i saved it as a gif which works splendors

hmm i might showcase pop out sigs now woohooo

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Or you can also save it as a .PSD file (Adobe photoshop document format). Click on filter and then transperency.You should be able to finish the remaining job from there.

this is my pop out sig but the transparency is not working how do i fix that?

151707[/snapback]

Well you need to save it as gif file to keep the background transparent. If you are working with the master file as PSD, do not merge or flatten the layers and SAVE IT AS gif file. When you flatten PSD you lose transparency.

Edit: I apologize for taking your sig and altering without your permission. I am demonstrating and once you are done with what you need to do, you may delete the following picture from this post.

Posted Image

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

I prefer PNG > GIF, theyre better in quality. I say the render is a bit rough and jagged around the edges. You may want to blur it or something. Other then that, looks good :P

I prefer PNG > GIF, theyre better in quality. I say the render is a bit rough and jagged around the edges. You may want to blur it or something. Other then that, looks good :P

151905[/snapback]

I prefer PNG as well. GIF is just...icky.

And I think the roughness on the render is just due to bad resizing on his part...it looks unproportioned...

mmm well hopefully my new pop out looks better which im doing now on a ps cs2 :P

Problem with PNG is that IE can't (or at least used to) see the transperancies. I have a feeling it may have been updated... But I have to agree, the settings are much easier, and don't have the screwy edges you sometimes get with GIFs. I do know some people who are great with their GIF matte settings though, and you'd swear it was a PNG - just goes to show it can be done.

Problem with PNG is that IE can't (or at least used to) see the transperancies. I have a feeling it may have been updated...

But I have to agree, the settings are much easier, and don't have the screwy edges you sometimes get with GIFs. I do know some people who are great with their GIF matte settings though, and you'd swear it was a PNG - just goes to show it can be done.

152131[/snapback]

Another reason for the long list of why IE sucks hardcore. :P