xisto Community
Puck_4004

Fileshare Best Fileshare

What fileshare software do you consider to be the best?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, I'm just trying to find out the best one, because I've been using WinMX and Kazaa for yonks and just recently downloaded Limewire, are there any others?

Kazza is Spyware :P Limewire isn't Spyware, and im not going to get into any Piracy Now, I Got Warned :(So Get That Kazza Out Before You Get Invested With Spyware/Adware, But WinMX and Limewire ain't spyware, So Just Use Them 2 :P

Yeah Kazaa is bad. I use the bittorrent protocol and shadow's experimental bittorrent client called bittornado for filesharing. However, piracy is bad and should not be posted here at Xisto so do not use these programs for it cause its rude and inconsiderate. Personally, i use it to get freeware and save websites bandwidth esp. for new linux distro and such since you get better speeds that dling from their sites anyway. Hope this helped but be warned that piracy is bad and that if you are a novice at network then bittorrent is not for you.

I use bittorrent. it is fast. but its no good for sharing relatively small files. like one song would be too small. one album of songs would be more appropriate, because its big enough to bother doing it with bittorrent.. (in case you want to share your musical talents with your friends, just to clarify that I am not encouraging piracy either)I use the Azureus client because when I began using it I thought it would be kind of complicated and so I wanted to use a very popular one so that I could find help easily. but it really is a piece of cake! its not really hard to use or confugure so I recommend everyone to use it. I've also tried the ABC (another bittorrent client) client, and it was pretty good too.

Lots of people worry about the fact that since each individual torrent is, in essence, it's own peer-to-peer network, that some might be more difficult to download than others, and this is justafiable. But you have to think about it this way, isn't each individual file on any other peer-to-peer network pretty much the same thing? You'll only download the file from the certain people that have the file, just as people on bittorrent.

I personally use bittorrent and eMule (I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet). Lots of people complain that it's too slow. And you know what? Yes, it tends to be slow to pick-up. Sometimes you might need to leave a download running for about forty minutes before you even start to recieve the file at around 3KB/s.

The good thing about eMule though, is that you can get the most rare files that you can think of, and with tons of sources too. I can think of hundreds of files that I couldn't find on bittorrent that were readily available on eMule. I think eMule is probably one of the largest networks around, which probably explains the massive file selection.

The slowness is a small price to pay. Try it. If you can't find a file anywhere that you look, install eMule, connect to a bunch of servers, (if you have a router forward your ports), and do a search.

You'll be very surprised. More info.

I use oDC (modified DC++) because it uses hubs and it gives me the option to see from what country and city is the other user from. Why is that important? I'm on cable (in the city it gets up to 30kb/s) and while my ISP limit the traffic outside the city inside it is free. That is why I must know where is the other user from.Of course oDC has other advantages. It is very easy to use and it doesn't contain spyware.

Me i use Shareaza... It's really easy to use and I'm sure that you will love it... and i'm sure that all of you will like it because on one application, it connects you to all of the networks available to p2p today...

Hello, I'm just trying to find out the best one, because I've been using WinMX and Kazaa for yonks and just recently downloaded Limewire, are there any others?

151398[/snapback]

Hellow there, If you where ask me about what is the best file sharing program, well I suggest not to use kazaa programs.

This programs contains many hidden codes called 'BACK DOOR" it is a spyware programs. using kazaa will expose your computer and problem may occured more often.

If you want limewire is know as a filesharing programs, although it still know as spyware but the things is, if somebody accessing your computer outside you will be able to monitor them.

So it's up to you to grant her/his access or not.

Remember using any filesharing programs it means that your personal files is also share to others....

no filesharing programs was created just to give people accessed other computer without accessing her/his computer.

just be aware of that, if you work on a firm or company and your computer contains sensitive files or important files I suggest not to use anyone of these filesharing program....

Just a remiders.... well, it's up to you coz me.. I still using limewire until now but not so ofter just when i need to search for something i really needed....

:P

Hellow there, If you where ask me about what is the best file sharing program, well I suggest not to use kazaa programs.

This programs contains many hidden codes called 'BACK DOOR" it is a spyware programs.  using kazaa will expose your computer and problem may occured more often.

If you want limewire is know as a filesharing programs, although it still know as spyware but the things is, if somebody accessing your computer outside you will be able to monitor them.

So it's up to you to grant her/his access or not. 

Remember using any filesharing programs it means that your personal files is also share to others....

no filesharing programs was created just to give people accessed other computer without accessing her/his computer. 

just be aware of that, if you work on a firm or company and your computer contains sensitive files or important files I suggest not to use anyone of these filesharing program....

Just a remiders.... well, it's up to you coz me.. I still using limewire until now but not so ofter just when i need to search for something i really needed....

152087[/snapback]

Also, LimeWire is slow because they used Java as their programming language, which makes it eat more system resources. Shareaza dosen't eat big system resources and it's fast.

Also, LimeWire is slow because they used Java as their programming language, which makes it eat more system resources. Shareaza dosen't eat big system resources and it's fast.

152112[/snapback]

Yesh.. Limewire used java as their programming language, it is also run slow but only at first load, once you installed java ang run limewire the next time you load limewire will be faster than the first time.

try it for you self, what i like in limewire is that, you can view if others is connected or uploading files from your computer and you can certainly block or terminate the activity... unlike other programs or filesharing programs mostly contains backdoors that sometimes crash you computer down..

Aside from those fileshare program is there any other programs available that shares file?

If there is just give me a hint maybe I can try it for my self also...

Yesh.. Limewire used java as their programming language, it is also run slow but only at first load, once you installed java ang run limewire the next time you load limewire will be faster than the first time.

try it for you self, what i like in limewire is that, you can view if others is connected or uploading files from your computer and you can certainly block or terminate the activity... unlike other programs or filesharing programs mostly contains backdoors that sometimes crash you computer down..

Aside from those fileshare program is there any other programs available that shares file?

If there is just give me a hint maybe I can try it for my self also...

152450[/snapback]

And, while LimeWire is running, it slows up the computer. And it only connects to one network, and that is Gnutella1... Shareaza connects to 3 networks immediately... Gnutella1, Gnutella2, and eDonkey... I think LimeWire stinks... :P