xisto Community
hayri

Is A Free Version Of Ipb Out?

No there is no other site that gives out free ibp forums. The invision company decided to make customers pay for there forums now and buy the license. Any free ipb forum that is on the internet is considered illegal. You can download their limited free verison of it though. It has a 200 member limit and a bunch of other limits but it can be found on the invision board site under free trial.

There are ways to get free Invision Power Board but it's not legal. I mean theres Torrent, and other P2P programs you can get it off so it's very possible to get and probably searching google can get you it for free. So i would say if you really want it just go on google search for the right keywords and you'll get what you want.

There are many sites that you can sign up for a free IPB, but its an older version [1.3 Final]. I believe there is a pre-installed IPB 1.2 in the cPanel.

Those are deems as not allowed by IPB already, so there's absolutely no way to use an IPB board legally, I've heard they also consider active trial boards as illegal and warez...

IPB is confused with what they want! They give out free trials, yet say they are illegal copies. They need to get their sh!t straight! So I spose you CAN'T get an IPB board legally, you can only STEAL IT!! (Don't listen to a word I say! LOL)

There's an installation for an outdated 1.2 Invision Power Board in the cPanel...does that count? o_O

Posted Image

[Preinstalled Scripts > Addon Scripts > Default Addons > Scroll Down until you see InvisionBoard]

There's an installation for an outdated 1.2 Invision Power Board in the cPanel...does that count? o_O

Posted Image

[Preinstalled Scripts > Addon Scripts > Default Addons > Scroll Down until you see InvisionBoard]

151180[/snapback]

It's also illegal, as of what IPB say, so they remove all IPB v 1.2 and 1,3 from all new cpanel version, so the remaining are those that still have the scripts..

I thought any existing old IPB installations from 1.x were available for continued usage, though there was to be no more distribution of the software, so no new forums from the old 1.x are *supposed* to be made. There was a version of 2.0 which was unlimited Trial, but I'm guessing any of those would be deemed illegal.

Ya, that's what I heard, they're consider illegal... I even heard that someone was fined, but I wonder how IPB fine that guy..