xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nani Cheri

Fireworks And Dreamweaver About Layouts in Fireworks, Sites in Dreamweaver..

Hi everyone! :P

I'm busy making a site with dreamweaver. I've made a lay-out in Fireworks, sliced it, and know about how to export etc. The point is, when I inserted the lay-out (Insert, Image Object, Fireworks HTML) I wanted to add text.. I read several guides and tutorials on the Web, but I still haven't be able to add text in premade white rectangles for example. I read some things abou nestled tables?? I have no idea... :P

Could anyone explain me please how to add text !?? I don't come any further like this..

If you know a great tutorial wich explains it all how to insert lay-outs in dreamweaver and add text etc..please let me know? :(

Sounds like you are not adding these images as background and then when you are adding the text every falls apart, cause you expand your divs. And maybe you must define your heights (especially important for header and footer), content is dynamical. I don't work in Dreamveawer, but I use webcoder program and XHTML and CSS. If you need more specific help try to attach your HTML and if you have it your CSS file and maybe we can help you more. Or upload to your server.

how do you slice a template created in f-w? plz plz plz email me about it alex@soul-network.co.uk

how do you slice a template created in f-w? plz plz plz email me about it

alex@soul-network.co.uk

152107[/snapback]

Hey Alex!!

Well..You asked how to slice and stuff???

1. click on the slice button in Web bar (under rectangle and pen tool text..etc.)

2. Drag the piece of your lay out or image what you like to slice...like a rectangle....!

3. You need to slice things so that if your page loads..it doesnt take soo long! if you wanted to exort to dreamweaver..than go to File...Export... and name it index.html (for example) make sure the extansion is html...and make sure your settings are:

Save as: Html and Images

Html: Export HTML file

Slices Export SLices

Thats it! :P If you?d like to know how to import it in dreamweaver let me know...im just a newbie with FW too but its just luck that I knew this.. :P