xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Furor

Aritficial Intellegence at its best

First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum.
I don't know if you're tried this website out or not. All you have to do is think of anything and the website will ask you questions and will provide options for you to answer and will try to guess what you were thinking of. This is really great.

Follow this link to try it out. :P

well it didn't guess what i was thinking (a cactus) anyways i don't think that's A.I. because it's just adjusting certain parameters with the answer it's like a Guess Who game (does it have a hat? if you said no it discarded the ones that have, and if not viceversa)

yeah, definitely not AI... but interesting still. :P saw a variation of this sometime ago, but in more flagrant fashion: the questioner is the dark sith lord, DARTH VADER -- and you pit your wits with him, in the same 20-or-less question-and-answer manner. (i was complemented "the FORCE is strong with this one!" when darth vader failed to guess my thoughts after a long while.) :(
http://ww38.sithsense.com/

it's a burger king and star wars promotional site, so expect to see who else but the burger king somewhere down the line. :( you may need a fast connection to enjoy this (56K users would just have to wait a bit more than the usual). and it's in flash so better have an updated player version as well. :P turn up your speakers also to enjoy the music and sound effects. :(

That's pretty neat! Is it thinking? No, but whoever made all those questions wasted *alot* of time! :PAnyway, I thought of a lighter, and after 25 questions and 3 guesses it got it right! First it asked me if it was a flashlight, then a torch, then finally a lighter! Pretty neat how the 3 guesses kinda related!!The sithsense one was cool too, but I'm not a StarWars fan..

You're all missing the basic concept of AI. It is AI! What does the acronym AI stand for? Artificial Intelligence. This means that it's not going to really be thinking, but it is going to simulate intelligence, hence the word "artificial". Take any game for instance. In this scenario, I will use "Quake III Arena" as the case.

Quake III Arena provides different levels of AI depending on what level of difficulty you want to play at. Which means different level bots are programmed to work at a different "level" of intelligence. Despite what you might have come to think by watching Steven Spielberg's movie, an AI would never be able to become a sentient being, for the simple fact that it doesn't contain a conciousness. An AI could very closely simulate human behaviour. So when playing Quake, the higher the difficulty level, the more human-like the bot becomes. Yet, one can not really think that a bot in Quake has a mind of their own, do you?

When it comes to programming, an AI is essentially nothing more than a huge string of "if" statements. And each AI is tailored for a certain purpose. So while an AI for Quake set in "Nightmare!" mode could kick you around for fun, put that exact same AI in a racing game and watch it completely break-down.

An example of an AI would pretty much be,

procedure deffence (flag)

if flag = run away then

dodge attack

look for health boxes

occasionaly shoot back

end if

end deffence

procedure attack

if enemy is far away then

use railgun

elsif enemy is nearby then