xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

The Simple Times Of Gaming.

The good 'ol days of gaming when games were simple like sega genesis, Nes, and etc. This thread is basically about your best moments from the olden days of gaming, so tell me... what are they. Me, well... my best moment from the olden days of gaming was when I got my Super Nes and got over 30 games, I was 7 years old at the time, and had a blast. But alas, times have changed and now i'm selling my Super Nes. Another moment for me was when I got to the last level in Super mario 3 in Mario allstars for Super Nes... I used the whistles to get there though lol. Now again, lets hear your moments from the olden days of gaming :gd:):.andrescasta

Super NES was awesome. Super metroid is definitely my favorite game ever, even to this day. I still bust out my NES a lot too. I brought it with me to college and it is a huge favorite among my friends. I don't really find the newer games fun like xbox and ps2 games. Too many of them focus on graphics and not game play. Other new games are just too overwhelming to me.

I remember the day i got a Sega Mega Drive from my dad, I came home from school (i was like 8yrs old) and when i came i saw this big black beauty (no not a negro ~_~) and i was sooo ecstatic, when my dad came home i hugged him so hard he broke an arm, brilliant tactics, he'll buy me another gift some day (never got anything else from him since then :rolleyes: )I was crazy of Sonic: The Hedgehog and some of the fighting games i had for the console.But i still even have an Atari (don't ask me what series it is, its 3am and im not going to search for the thing now ~_~) wich is more then 10 yrs old.If you ever wanna go back in time, play these kind of consoles (or even just plain ol' Mario on the original nintendo (or DUCKHUNT! WITH THE GUN! :lol: ))

The original nintendo was the best gift I think I ever received. It came with the two in one cateridge that had super mario and duckhunt, also came with that red gun. That was awesome, man I used to enjoy those games. I remember when I got "Link: The legend of Zelda" for my one birthday and it was a golden cateridge. That was just absolutely awesome. You could actually save your game in that one and in those days saving games were just awesome. I remember how cool those games were, so addictive, especially the adventure island series. That's it, I don't care, I'm downloading the Roms right now.

My favorite memory with the NES was when I played Star Tropics, I got to the 4th chapter(out of 9) and it required a code which was displayed when you dipped a piece of paper that came with the game in water. Of course I had neither the paper or the internet. It was a 3 digit code that the game asked for, and after multiple errors I realized that if I put everything from 000 to 999 that I would get it eventually. When I hit 747(after 3 or so hours) I ran screaming through the house. Gooooood times :)

I remember playing my first video game, it was the Legend of Zelda, a Link to the Past for the SNES. I was 3 or 4 at the time, and I had no clue what was going on. Mainly because, I was 3,and I couldnt read to well. I would go around, burning bushes with my lantern, and crying when I ran out of magic. I remember finally getting into the castle, and it scared me, and I never got past that part until I was a couple years older. Good times, good times.

I was always envious of my friend who had consoles because i wasnt allowed one untill the playstation which was a suprise, my dad brought it to me and as soon as i saw it i just ran around the house :)

sonic the hedge hog was a clasic on sega :lol:, man i love that game! Still never beat the last level. The death ball or w/e it was, i kinda remember where you gotta kill that other sonic dude. Man those levels were classic! Definatly wish they made more games like that, the sonic games now with the 3-d are crap. They really are, they ruined the whole thing. Theres barely anything similar besides the characters in those games :D I miss the old go through the whole level, and beat the boss, now its "don't hit anything while running, and try not to pay attention to all that *BLEEP* they put so much effort into putting in" I mean cmon, there is so many things in that game, when the old games were like, 3-4 bad guys within a certain ammount of space, now its like 100 in that same ammount. Too hard to pay attention to what your doing, and the chaos emeralds, man whats up with those?I usually like the newer games, but sonic just blew my head. So many things that make it horrible now!!!! I mean, its not even close to the same anymore. Its all boring, and you gotta keep your eyes on what your doing, and its so stressful.